Amie Skincare Review

amie skincare moisturizer daily wash and mask review

Amie Skincare is a natural British skincare brand that has recently stepped foot into Canada, available exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart locations.  I was kindly sent four products of theirs to incorporate into my skincare routine and provide a few thoughts on the line.

Amie Skincare was founded by Fiona Parkhouse (not by an Amie or Amy, despite what you may have assumed!) to provide us all with skincare products containing natural plant and botanical extracts, ideal for all skin types for especially for sensitive skin. The entire line is said to be completely free from parabens, sulphates, mineral oils, or animal extracts. Amie is actually french for 'friend', for those of you, like me, who barely passed french class.

First impressions of the line was obviously that the packaging is too cute. If I were to spot this in a store, I would definitely pick it up and examine. Definitely the pastel colours, and matte finish tubes that do it for me.. it is all just very girly! I would assume it would attract more of a younger crowd, but the line is suitable for women of all ages. I understand that natural products don't always mean 'breakout free', but I am happy to report that none of the products I tried here broke me out or negatively affected my skin, yay.

amie skincare radiant dawn exfoliating daily wash review

Radiant Dawn Exfoliating Daily Wash ($10):
This daily wash claims to deep cleanse pores and exfoliate for clear and radiant skin. It is 'pH balanced and has a gentle foam with natural blueberry seeds to help unblock pores, lift away dead skin cells, dirt and oil, and green apple & lemon extracts to refine and tone skin keeping oiliness at bay.' 
The cleanser has a light, earthy scent, and the exfoliating beads are light and minimal. I had no idea they were natural blueberry seeds and thought that was pretty cool. My skin was left feeling clean but not stripped or dry. Due to the exfoliating properties, I prefer to use this a few times a week rather than every day, or if it is to be used everyday I would only use it during the mornings. It was gentle and pleasant to use but not strong enough to remove much makeup or residue after a long day.

amie skincare morning light hydrating daily moisturizer review

Morning Light Hydrating Daily Moisturizer ($12):
The hydrating daily moisturizer is 'rich in rose extract, rose hip oil, and mallow to help keep the skin soft and hydrated.' 
I know it says daily moisturizer, but I prefer to use this at night, at least for now during this September weather. I need something very light during the daytime that will dry quickly, and I found this took a bit longer than the matte-finish moisturizer (below). It would likely be great during the winter-time for daily use. I found that a little bit went a long way and it was easy to apply and spread throughout my face.

amie skincare morning dew matte finish moisturizer review

Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisturizer ($12):
This light moisturizer 'contains natural plant sugars to hydrate the skin while rosehip and bilberry nourish and soften. Excess oil and shine are controlled.'  
I love a good moisturizer that claims to control oil and shine. I have issues with that in my t-zone and I also hate daily moisturizers that take excessively long to dry. This moisturizer absorbed quickly into my skin in just a matter of a few minutes. Much quicker than the hydrating daily moisturizer so I prefer to use this during the daytime. It made for a good canvas for applying makeup afterwards, but I would suggest a light primer over top of this as well. It is light and feels cooling on the skin with a bit of an earthy scent. I'm not sure how well this would hydrate during the cold winter months but it has been great for the past few warm weeks.

amie skincare spring clean deep cleansing mask review

Spring Clean Deep Cleansing Mask ($12):  
The deep cleansing mask works 'pore-deep to draw out dirt and impurities, soak up excess oil, and prevent blemishes. Peppermint and lime extracts, purifies, and cools.'
I was a little afraid when applying this at first because it felt very tingly like it was burning my skin. The mask was a bit too strong for my sensitive eyes so they watered a bit, and it had quite a strong scent. I left it on for 15 minutes (instructions say 10). It didn't dry very hard or tight like most of my clay masks do. The mask is a bit thick so I'd suggest applying a thinner layer so you will have an easier time washing it off. I applied a bit too thick of a layer and it took longer than expected when rinsing. After washing it off I realized it did not burn or cause any redness to my skin which is good. I kind of like when I can feel a mask on my skin, it makes me think it's doing its job and working at those pores. My skin felt smooth and cleansed afterwards but I didn't see any noticeable difference otherwise. I will likely have to do a bit more testing to come to a more detailed conclusion!

Swatches Top to Bottom: Exfoliating Daily Wash, Deep Cleansing Mask, Hydrating Daily Moisturizer, Matte-Finish Moisturizer

There are also a few more products in the line that might be of interest, such as Amie's cleansing wipes and toner. I find the sizing of the products to be very decent and suitable for drugstore. I would definitely recommend Amie Skincare to those who want natural skincare that isn't harsh on the skin, affordable and readily available. Out of the products I tried, my favourite is probably the matte-finish moisturizer, and I would be most likely to repurchase this one in the future! Amie Skincare is available at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. You can read more about the brand Amie, why it was created, and where to buy online and internationally here

These products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.