Ipsy: Official May 2013 Glam Bag


I am quite late on my Ipsy beauty box post this month! Many of you may already know what Ipsy is if you are familiar with beauty boxes. You are sent 4-5 beauty products a month for $10 (+ $5 shipping if you are in Canada). Most of the products are deluxe sample sizes or even full sized products! It is a U.S. based company and curated by Michelle Phan, youtube make-up artist. 

For those of you interested in signing up, my refferal link is:
(I don't have any yet, so help a girl out! :p )


Zoya Nail Lacquer in Gie Gie: This polish is from the Lovely Collection, and is a shimmery pearl pastel pink! I like that they have a Big5Free Formula notice on the box, meaning no formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, or camphor. I have recently become more cautious of nail lacquers because I do lick my fingers a lot (heh, bad habit!) and I do not want to be putting unsafe chemicals in my mouth! I tried this on my toes and 2 coats was good enough for an almost opaque colour! Despite not being a fan of pink I really like this colour, and just purchased the purple pearl shade called "Julie" on NailPolishCanada! You can find this shade on there as well!
Received: Full Size! 9.76ml   $8.75


Yaby Concealer Refill in Buff: This is a concealer refill, which is likely why it comes in a plastic packaging rather than an actual compact. I have to say, the colour matches me perfectly! I know some people were unfortunately having issues with being sent the wrong colours, but I was lucky to get a perfect match. It is a cream concealer and claims flawless colour. Although it does cover my blemishes well, it is not flawless and I believe does oxidize on me after a few hours. It is very tiny, perhaps the size of a nickel and you do need to use a lot of product. I have been using it for a week and a half and have already made a large dent in the pan, I can't see this lasting for much longer.
Received: Full Size! 3.5g   $4.85


Mirabella Colour Sheers Lipstick in Pixie: I actually already have this in Daydream, but I was excited to receive another one, until I saw the colour! It is vibrant in the tube, and a little on the orange side. Picture above is a bit of an exaggeration, it is not THAT bright but gives you an idea right? I am afraid to try this, as oranges do NOT go well with my face at all, so I was thinking of putting this and a few things together for an upcoming giveaway!
Received: Full Size! $22


Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia Perfume Roll-On: I really don't like this! Kind of smells like typical old lady flower perfume. Maybe slightly better! I was really hoping for vanilla, as I hate floral scents (and it's just my luck to always get floral scents in beauty boxes).
Received: Full Size! $11

Anastasia Clear Brow Gel: I don't think this brow gel is the best, but I do use it. I have one from a previous Glymm bag that I am still using as I don't use it often. I prefer to use my tinted brow gel to lighten up my brows a bit. I was bummed to get this in another subscription but I will put it to good use, or give it away!
Received: Deluxe Sample Size 2.5ml   $8.76, Full Size is 8.28ml for $29


Total Approximate May Glam Bag Value: $55.36

I received the standard "Official May Glam Bag" because I signed up after May 1st. I was hoping for the St. Tropez self tanning lotion or another Pacifica lotion, but I am satisfied with all of these products except the rollerball!

If you are with Ipsy, what did you get in your bag? Did you like yours better, or the standard one that I received?