Revlon Selects: Chroma Chameleon Rose Gold Nail Enamel Review


I am probably about the worst person to review nail polish. First of all, I can barely explain the 'textures', and I likely can't describe colours either! So that is why I provide you with lots of pictures! One picture is worth a thousand words right? Heh..


I am a part of the Revlon Selects, and I did my review on some things we were sent back in January which you can see here. We were recently surprised with this new Chroma Chameleon polish in Rose Gold!


Above are pictures of the polish from a view of what the majority of people will see, and that is mainly the gold tone. In the dark and in artificial lighting, the gold takes over, and it is much harder to see the duo-chrome effect. I would describe it as a deep or darker gold?

I used 3 coats to get an opaque colour. I did not use a base or top coat. I found that when adding more coats, the gold became darker or more vibrant. The undertones/chromes of this enamel can be described better as a green with a little bit of blue, but definitely doesn't look like the bottle. 


The green/blue duo-chrome is not as noticeable as it looks like it would be from a glance at the bottle. You can see the duo-chrome when viewing my fingers on an angle, such as the 2 photos above :p

To me, this doesn't look too much like a Rose Gold. Pink Quartz from this Chroma Chameleon line looks more to me like a Rose Gold. 

I think I might like the other colours from this line a little more! I am not too fond of the green/blue tint and I wish it was a little more girly! I do really like the fact that the polish is not too thick, but I don't like that it takes 3 coats to become opaque, I am a very impatient person :p It did however, last about 4 days before minor chipping on the fingers that I use the most which was pretty impressive. 

I hope in the future, duo-chrome polishes (for all brands!) can be a bit more noticeable from farther away, because I know the people that I asked had a hard time seeing any other colour but gold on my finger nails! 

Disclaimer: I received this product for consideration on behalf of the Revlon Selects program. All opinions stated are 100% my own and not influenced by any affiliates.