Ipsy: June 2013 Glam Bag


It's kind of a ritual for me to post what I received in my monthly beauty box subscriptions on here! Ipsy is my only sub at the moment, and I'm glad I narrowed it down to one I am most happy with. I know quite a few people received different items, or different shades of an item in their bags this month (and the last!) Ipsy seems to be trying to personalize your selections to your beauty profile, and while this is a great gesture, it definitely needs some organization! 

I tried to post the photos in order of the spoilers that Ipsy released!


NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Bronze Goddess: This cream blush, or should I say bronzer.. looks a little to dark for me in the pan. One of the ladies on a group I am in on facebook kindly showed me her swatches, and it doesn't look as scary dark as it does in the pan. I may decide to try it, but me and cream blush/bronzers don't really go too well, so.. we'll see!
Received: Full Size!   $6



Starlooks Lip Liner in Bare: I have nothing from this company which I hear is comparable to MAC, so I was disappointed to get this in a colour I will not use. This looks to me like a mauvey brown to me :( and I don't even see this colour on their website anymore! If I can't trade someone for a different colour, I will likely just end up trying it out.
Received: Full Size!   $12


J. Cat Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette in SCP106 Volta: Said to be a creamy glittery palette so you can easily apply the glitter on your body or face. At first, this looks like an eye palette, which I would have been okay with, but ipsy has stated that it is not intended for use on the eyes, but rather as body glitter. I will likely give this to my neighbour's kids.. after seeing a few swatches, I am not too impressed and they could probably have a lot more fun with it then I can!
Received: Full Size!   $4.49


Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter: A light-peach neutral coloured pencil  for use on the brow bone, dark circles, blemishes and red spots. I definitely will do a review on this! I really hate the smell (I hate the smell of pencils, reminds me of elementary school) but I love how easily this glides on my skin! Its super creamy and the colour is the same if not slightly lighter than my skin tone. I have been using it directly under my brows and it is definitely helping to define the shape of them.
Received: Full Size!   $18


J. Cat Beauty Eyelashes in EL01 + Eyelash Glue: At first I was kinda bummed about getting eyelashes, but after feeling how soft they are, they are definitely the type of eyelashes I would wear. They are actually human hair (is that weird?) and come with a tiny tube of latex-free glue! They are very very delicate however! I already ripped a little off one of the edges, but thankfully I have to cut them anyway to fit my eye-shape better.
Received: Full Size!   $4

Total Approximate Value: $44.49
I am pretty content with my bag, although I think I will only be using the lashes and the Chella highlighter out of the 5 items. What did you get in your ipsy bag?

Oh and before I forget! For those of you interested in signing up, my refferal link is:
(I surprisingly have 1 refferal so far! Thanks Diana for using my link!)