Nivea In-Shower Body Milk Review

nivea in shower body milk lotion review dry skin

I'm sure the name of this product speaks for itself, an in-shower body milk (lotion) that is designed to moisturize your skin and rinsed off, just before you exit the shower. I was super excited when I saw that a full size of this was included in my Spark Sessions goody bag, quite a few months back. Unfortunately, although it is a fun and interesting product, I would not purchase it once I run out.

There are 3 variations of this in-shower moisturizer, Hydrating (Normal to Dry Skin), Smoothing (Dry Skin), and Nourishing (Very Dry Skin). I have here the 'Nourishing for Very Dry Skin'. The texture is much like a light lotion, has a regular 'nothing special' scent, and is quite slippery. The bottle actually warns that it may make the tub slippery, which is very true! In which case I would not recommend this for the elderly. Nivea's In-Shower Body Milk is such a fun and interesting product, it is fun to use the first few times, but in the end I found it a bit tedious because I would forget to use it. I also didn't notice much of a difference in the moisture level of my skin and for really dry skin, I'm sure you would have to use a moisturizer after the shower anyways. I do believe I feel a slight moisturization but nothing to replace the effects of traditional moisturizers. It does have Almond Oil which is probably one of the only beneficial ingredients on the ingredient list. 

Overall, this is quite the idea, fun to use, although a bit gimmicky and overpriced. I would say it is definitely something you should try out once (but wait for a sale/coupon first!) and who knows, maybe you might like it? Everyone's skin is different but mine definitely sees more of a benefit from moisturizing after a shower.