Bioderma Sensibio Cleansing Milk Review

bioderma sensibio cleansing milk 3 in 1 review

I'm a huge fan of Bioderma's Sensibio Micelle Solution (reviewed here) and it's ease of removing my foundation. Bioderma has recently launched a Cleansing Milk in a very similar bottle to their iconic Micelle Solution. I have to say, I am drawn to the packaging, and I wouldn't be surprised if others who are fans of the Micelle Solution have stared at it on the shelves too. But is it worth it? And how does it compare to the Micelle Solution? 

The packaging of the Bioderma Sensibio Cleansing Milk is quite like the Micelle Solution, but in an opaque white bottle with a pink label. The bottle is to be used as a squeeze tube and is fun, but will be annoying once I've got less than half a bottle left.  

The Cleansing Milk claims to be a 3-in-1...
•  Cleansing Milk, Toning Lotion, and Eye Make-up Remover.
•  Is formulated with selective active ingredients.
•  Is hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and preservative-free.
•  And is ideal for dry, sensitive skin.

bioderma sensibio cleansing milk 3 in 1 review

Bioderma Cleansing Milk also contains patented Toleridine complex designed to improve the skin's tolerance and make it more resistant to external attacks. It's hard to prove or say whether this really works or not, as I have no idea the science behind it and have not particularly noticed any tolerance improvement. 

On to the actual quality of the product... The texture is light and milky, it is best applied onto the face and then wiped off with a cotton pad. I find my cotton pad absorbs the product so quickly so putting the product directly onto the cotton pad just feels like a waste. Regardless, I can see myself running out of this stuff really quickly. The product also feels a bit too cold and icky on the face.

It definitely removes foundation decently, but it didn't get everything completely off and I find it to be a bit too gentle and not as effective as their Micelle Solution. I really prefer to wash my face afterwards with a cleanser because it feels like this leaves a bit of stickiness to the face, but this is definitely ideal for camping or those nights you are just too lazy to wash your face.

bioderma sensibio cleansing milk 3 in 1 review

Overall, I definitely prefer Bioderma's Micelle Solution over this, and I probably won't purchase this once I run out. It just isn't effective enough to remove my everyday makeup (I pretty much wear a somewhat full-face of makeup on a daily basis). It doesn't feel great on the face to me and takes longer to use. 

Bioderma's Sensibio One Step Cleansing Milk is available at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada for $18.95 (250ml). The Sensibio Micelle Solution is also available at Shoppers Drug Mart (there are various sizes, I think I get the huge 500ml bottle for $24 or so).

These products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.