Scarlet & Julia; A New Canadian Online Beauty Boutique

Scarlet & Julia, A New Canadian Online Beauty Boutique

Scarlet & Julia is a new online beauty boutique based in Canada. Their website is composed of two sections, a Boutique section where you can browse and purchase many mid to high end skincare, haircare, fragrance and cosmetics. They have brands you can't (or may have a hard time) finding in stores such as Babor, Dr. Hauschka, Coola, Reversa, Lipstick Queen, Eve Lom, and popular brands such as Stila, Lise Watier, St. Tropez, Bliss, REN, Neostrata. There is also a Beauty Outlet section featuring exclusive member only time-sensitive deals.

Scarlet & Julia was kind enough to send me a giftcard to try out their new shopping experience and I ended up picking out two things. The Stila Eternal Love Liquid Lipstick Set and a Dr. Hauschka Concealer. 

Now I don't want to focus this post on the products I picked up, but just a quick first impressions.... I'm in love with the Stila Liquid Lipstick Set, it's a great value and I'd choose it again. Baci is my favourite shade from the trio, (see me wearing it here), Beso is a gorgeous vibrant red, and Ricco is a very dark red plum shade. I'll definitely work on a proper review for these liquid lipsticks. And then there's the Dr. Hauschka Concealer which I am SUPER disappointed with because the pigmentation is just not there at all.

Scarlet & Julia, A New Canadian Online Beauty Boutique

Along with my order, I received a few samples which was a nice surprise. I'm not sure if they will be doing this with all of their orders but it is a great incentive to shop there again if they do!

So the major problems with online shopping is always: SHIPPING AND RETURNS right?

Scarlet & Julia offers a standard shipping service through Canada Post of $9.95 for orders $75 and under, but Free Shipping for orders above $75! Free shipping is my favourite word to hear when online shopping. The downside to purchasing from Scarlet & Julia is their return policy. Obviously, it isn't going to be as lenient as a place like Sephora. Scarlet & Julia requires items to be returned unopened and unused, and sent back within 15 days at your expense. So I'd suggest making sure you know what you want before ordering. 

Besides their low-cost/free shipping and samples with your order, Scarlet & Julia also created a Rewards Program for their customers. Receive 5% in credits on your order to be used towards your next purchase. And for just simply signing up, inviting friends to join, and for every purchase made there are points to be awarded! See more information, here.

Scarlet & Julia, A New Canadian Online Beauty Boutique

PS! 1% of their sales are donated to Look Good Feel Better, an organization supporting women going through and battling cancer. 

They currently only ship to Canadian addresses but there might be room for expansion in the future (don't quote me on this one, I'm just guessing). I'd totally shop here again if I'm ever in the market for something they have on their website, and of course if I can make it over the $75 dollar mark to get free shipping! Would you consider shopping online at Scarlet & Julia?