Beauty Favourites of 2016

beauty favourites of 2016

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday, I had quite a relaxing one, and I'm so excited for what 2017 will bring. My life went through so many changes in the past year, from moving to new relationships,  new friendships, and finding out a lot about myself and others. I mean, every year I find more and more out about myself but this year had pretty big changes for me. 

I didn't blog as often as I wanted to, my summer was spent hanging out outside, and keeping busy with new friends, I was barely indoors (and didn't even get much of a tan...). To be honest, as cheesy as it sounds I spent a lot of time doing car things with my car friends (because yes, I like cars too!). I do want to keep A Lovely Allure alive, and continue sharing my completely honest reviews on products I've tried! 

I am by no means popping out an article a day, but I am trying for (at least) once a week. I am also trying to keep them as short and sweet as possible, because face it, no one wants to read unnecessarily long reviews anymore (I do sometimes get carried away though... sorry!)

▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ ▹ 

2016 Beauty Favourites

And I know it's a bit of a late post, (I planned to have this up before 2017!) but I didn't want to miss out on sharing my favourite beauty products of 2016.


Clarisonic Mia 2:
I have had the Mia 2 for a while, but I've never expressed how much I really like it! It is the best way to exfoliate dead or flaky skin, because it actually works and you don't have to sit there scrubbing for minutes. There are various brush heads for those with different skin types, and I can exfoliate the dry spots on my face so quickly!

Sephora The Perfectionist Airbrush Sponge:
What a perfect dupe for the Beauty Blender! My all-time favourite sponge, has just met it's competition with this dupe from Sephora. The sponge expands to the same size as my Beauty Blender, and works just as well. See my full review here.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Cava:
I have been using this lip crayon in the shade Cava (worn here) on a daily basis and am afraid it's going to run out soon! The Bite lip crayons are not long lasting if you're about to eat but they last a great amount of time if you don't! They feel so soft and don't dry out my lips. Cava is the perfect mauve shade that I long for in a lipstick! (If you know me, light mauves are my thinggg).

Nyx Micro Brow Pencil:
I finally found a dupe for the highly coveted, Anastasia Brow Wiz (review)! I use this Nyx Micro Brow Pencil before my Anastasia Dipbrow (review) to outline the shape. It is pretty foolproof because it can be wiped off if a mistake is made. I do go over it and fill in my brows with the Dipbrow because this Nyx pencil does not last nearly as long, but it works so well for outlining!

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Oil-Free Perfecting Creme:
I discovered Ole Henriksen in 2016, and I actually had the pleasure of meeting the founder himself! His products are great and so easy to find something to combat specific skin issues. The Sheer Transformation Cream is my favourite, I've been using it daily! It goes under makeup so well, doesn't feel heavy on the skin but moisturizes well. I don't use it when it's super cold outside but mild to hot weather it is perfect.

Formula X MakeupByRose Nail Polish:
I don't know which one I have pictured here, but I fell in love with Formula X's Limited Edition MakeupByRose Collection (swatches here)! Specifically the Mahhvelous Rose (a rosy mauve), and Puffin! (a rich mink grey). I could literally wear these shades on my nails for the rest of the year.

Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Concealer:
I wasn't sure this was enough coverage for me at first, but it is so hydrating and so easy to apply that it doesn't really matter to me anymore. The coverage is highest when using a sponge applicator, it doesn't crease too much (and I have dry under eyes). I just finished my tube and I will definitely purchase a new one (review here). I wear shade Y23 for reference.

Bliss The Youth As We Know It Eye Cream:
I got this eye cream for half price, and I know it isn't a miracle worker but for the price it is great! I try to do as much as I can to protect my eye area. Only time will tell, but hopefully this will help hold off my aging/dark circles/bags for a little longer!

Body Shop Pinita Colada Body Butter:
This scent, I believe, was introduced in 2016 when the Body Shop's Body Butter packaging was revamped to use plastic made from pollution. The body butter smells delicious, of coconut and a pineapple mix, and is light and absorbs so quickly!

Paula's Choice Hydralight Shine-Free Daily Mineral Complex SPF 30:
I had the opportunity to work with Paula's Choice in 2016 and absolutely loved their skincare products! I soooooo wish they were readily available here in Canada. Although I did love all of the products I got to try, the Hydralight Moisturizer quickly ended up in my morning routine. It is light, smells a bit like crayons but doesn't bother me, but the main perk is that it contains SPF30 and is great to wear under my foundation (review here).

Live Clean Multi Boost Shampoo/Conditioner:
Live Clean's shampoos are really all I use now! They are sulfate free, but also free of many chemicals, parabens, silicones, never tested on animals, and 98% plant derived. The main reason I've stuck to this brand is because it is sulfate free, my hair has felt so much healthier and my scalp isn't as itchy since switching to this brand (review here)!

What were your favourites of 2016? Feel free to share with me in the comments!