New P&G Body Essentials


I tend to only talk about facial skincare and makeup here, so it's not often I end up talking about other body care. P&G brands like Olay, Secret, and Head & Shoulders have been around for decades, and can easily be found in drugstores, supermarkets and convenience stores. If you haven't heard of the brands in this post... you either are not from North America or living in cave or something (heh).

Olay recently came out with a new line of body washes, Olay Fresh Outlast. It comes in about five different fruity scents. The one I have here is in Crisp Pear & Fuji Apple. The packaging is cute and the price is good, the bottle I have here is huge! but I do believe it comes in smaller, regular sizing as well. The scent smells like the real thing, it lathers well and doesn't dry out my skin. I have had no complaints using it but it is just a new scent and size, the formula doesn't seem anything new or special. 

Next I have the Secret Clinical Clear Gel Antiperspirant/Deodorant in Completely Clean. The scent is as described.. it is pretty plain and doesn't smell like my ideal deodorant but it does the job. This is the clear gel formula and is designed to fight odour all day long with 4x protection from stress sweat. I'm not typically fond of the clear gel formulas, I much prefer regular old-fashioned deodorant, but it works as well as a typical deodorant does for me. However, I don't notice it protecting much more than other deodorants. 


This one here is a known favourite. The anti-dandruff hair care line by Head & Shoulders. There are quite a few scents with slightly different properties in the line but the one I have here is the Instant Cooling Relief. It contains tea tree essence and peppermint oil to give your head a minty-cool feel. I found that the shampoo didn't give me the 'cool' feeling, but the conditioner made my scalp feel super cold! I have an itchy scalp and I did find my scalp slightly less itchy after using this shampoo, but the peppermint and tea tree definitely didn't help with my itchiness at all, if anything the cooling effect brought more attention to my itchy scalp.  My boyfriend does rave about this being the only thing that works for his flaky scalp however, so I have been letting his use this lately!


In the past, I enjoyed the Olay Eye Brightening Cc Cream and wrote a review about it a while back (here). The new Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream comes in the same packaging, and is also designed to fight puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles, and fine lines. The eye cream contains colour correcting technology, and a formula enriched with peptides and vitamins. It doesn't feel heavy on the eyes and absorbs super quickly. It is not pigmented enough (at all) to work as a concealer or for any coverage of that sort. I don't see this as having enough benefits for nighttime use.. edit: I found this didn't add moisture and dried easily in the jar. I don't really like it under makeup and so I ended up giving it away. 

These products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are never influenced by anyone.