EOS Alice in Wonderland Lip Balm Set

EOS Alice in Wonderland Lip Balm Set

In my most recent December 2012 haul, (so long ago, I vow to blog more often from this day forward), I picked this up at Rexall along with a Prestige brow gel and 2 liners. I'll have a review on those shortly because they are super cheap and I can definitely recommend them.

I had no idea these were difficult to find, I honestly got them because I thought it would be the best value. I have never tried EOS lip balms before and I figured I could swap the 2 I don't use if I didn't end up liking them in the end. I actually got it for free and ended up only having to pay taxes, because I used my 95 Air Miles which got me $10 off! Retail was $10, $11.30 including taxes, so I paid $1.30 in the end.

I figure since I've been using these for a month now, I'd do a short review on them, since there is so much controversy around these balms. It seems that either you love it or hate it. Basically to sum things up I'm one of those people that love it!


The quote and inside of the packaging

Back of the packaging, I forgot to take a photo of the ingredients, will post it tomorrow.

L to R: Watermelon Wonderland, Sweet Vanilla Nonsense, Blueberry Potion

Comparison of a fresh balm and one I've been using for a month

As you can see I started with the blue first! I loved the creamy blueberry scent that it had to it. They all smelled delightful but I had to choose one to start. I've used it every day since I've brought it home (Dec. 20, for reference purposes, we'll see how long this'll take to appear in my empties, probably forever). So it has been about a month. It's very moisturizing and honestly, I like them better than my Fresh mini lip duos! They seem to be lasting a lot longer too. It is a very slippery balm, and glides nicely onto your lips. It stays on my lips for quite a while if I don't eat or drink, and I usually don't have to apply it too much throughout the day.

I have sensitive skin so it's no surprise my lips are probably sensitive, I haven't had a lot of balms work for me but the Fresh lip treatments did, however, they are just too pricey to purchase a full size of.

Size comparison of a Fresh Mini Lip Treatment to an EOS balm

Fresh Mini Lip Treatment - 2.2 g / 0.08 oz (VALUE: $14)   &   EOS Balm - 7 g / 0.25 oz (VALUE: $3.33)

Above you can see how much product has been used. I used the Fresh during December and the EOS during January. You can see that the Fresh lip treatment has broken off and I have to be very careful when applying. I also listed the product weight above. You can see that the EOS balm has much more product, about 3x the product of the Fresh mini, which is roughly $10 less than what the Fresh mini is worth!

My lips have drastically improved in colour, and texture, since I've been using the EOS balm. I can wear lipstick now without looking super chapped. I still have a bad habit of picking my lips and the balm seems to restore them overnight. I never knew these would be such a HG product for me, I honestly never gave them a second though before.

Using Fresh Lip Treatment

Using EOS balm

I'm not sure how well these photos show the difference in the way my lips look, but the colour has really lightened, and they don't look like they are going to severely crack when I smile. Sure they still aren't perfect, but I kind of blame that on my lip picking habit..

A+ I would definitely purchase these balms over and over again. 

Edit, July 2013: I notice a lot of people wondering if these are still available. I have not seen them in stores lately. I know they did show up in a few Shoppers a few months ago but I doubt you'd have any luck finding them now. If you really want them they are going for roughly $40+ on eBay!