MUA Haul + Shadows & Heaven and Earth Palette Swatches


As I'm sure all of you may know Makeup Academy had a crazy 50% off sale on their official online store after reaching 50,000 likes on their Facebook page!

MUA's products are super affordable and the only thing holding me back from constantly purchasing is the shipping price. International delivery is £7.50 and once converted to CAD, $11.65. Their 12 shadow palettes are super affordable at £4 ($6.22 CAD). Once shipping charges are added the price increases significantly. To me it is only worth it if you are purchasing a larger order when ordering to Canada.

Anywhoo! I got everything here for 50% off with free shipping! A lot of stuff I wanted was sold out by the time I was able to make a purchase like the brushes, fur effects for nails, and lipsticks. We had to purchase a total of £30 so when 50% was taken off the order amount was at least $23.31 CAD. I spent $25.33 in total for 13 products!

Complete Haul

MUA Heaven and Earth Palette

The colours in this palette are all warm neutrals. There is 9.6g of product in total. This is actually my favourite purchase and I wish I had gotten another palette, for $3 the pigmentation is great! Works best over primer, when I tried the colours without primer I did not think they showed up as well. The only problem I have with this palette is getting it open grr! It's a struggle every time.

Heaven on Earth Palette Swatches: L to R - First 6: Top Row, Last 6: Bottom Row
Swatched over MUA Professional Eye Primer

My camera likes to change the colour of the image on me a lot after the photo has been taken so I took additional close up swatches but I think the image above shows a better representation of the colours.

Heaven on Earth Palette: Top Row Swatches (over primer)


Heaven on Earth Palette: Bottom Row Swatches (over primer)

MUA Eye Shadow Swatches
Swatched over MUA Professional Eye Primer
Top image taken with flash, sorry I will try to retake a photo w/o flash, I had forgotten to take it earlier!

Matte #16: This is a matte highlight colour that reminds me of Virgin from my UD Naked Palette, but without the shimmer. Best to be used when you do not want to draw too much attention to the brow bone with a shimmer highlight. I find it to be a little on the pink side. 
Matte #19: I use this for my eyebrows. I really like it for the crease as well. It works great for both these purposes because it is a matte.
Pearl #9: I love this purple in the pan, but it just doesn't work as well on the eyes. It definitely needs to be built up but has a very pretty shimmer to it. I have to admit, I cannot get this to work for me with a brush. It can be used with a finger but it takes a lot to build up the colour. 
Pearl #24: This colour is a little lighter than expected but I think it would be a nice subtle colour for all over the lid. It kind of seems like a light metallic pink/mauve.
Pearl #13: Like I said about #9, the formula is not as creamy for these purples and definitely need to be built up. I also could not get this to work with my crease brush, so I have yet to actually use this. 

Omg ew the nails! But you can see how pretty the shimmer is here for both #9 and #13.

MUA Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit

Next is the MUA Pro-Brow Kit! I tend to lean towards powder products to fill in my brows because its faster and I don't like it to be very noticeable. 


There are 3 colours, a dark & light brown, highlight, and a wax. 

MUA Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit: swatched over bare skin (L to R: Dark brown, light brown, highlight)

The highlight is similar to the light brown in the photo, but the light brown is slightly darker in person. Overall the colours look as if they can easily work with anyone with dark or light brows. 

MUA Professional Eyes Primer

I have not tried this on my lids yet but swatched the palette and shadows over this, and it really brightened and held onto the pigment of the shadows. Edit: I have tried it on the lids, and I really do not like it! It is a decent primer, but the staying power is terrible! I think it only lasted a few hours before creasing. 

MUA Pro-Base Fixing Mist, & MUA Matte Perfect Loose Powder

I found the fixing mist to make my skin a little too dewy for my liking because by an hour or so it ends up looking like that anyway. I also didn't like the feeling on my face, I felt like I needed to rub it in. The Perfect Loose Powder is mattifying and there seems to be a ton of product in it!

MUA Nail Constellations in Scorpio & Pisces

I had a really difficult time applying this. The rubber nozzle makes it difficult. Also there is a piece of plastic you have to remove before pouring it on your nail, I wasn't careful and popped open the top and the beads went everywhere, all over the laptop! They really are super tiny. Make sure to do this over a box or bowl.

First Attempt (Fail) - 1 Layer of Nicole by OPI Modern Family Collection: Am I Making Myself Claire? & MUA Nail Constellation in Pisces

My first attempt with these as an accent nail. This actually lasted for almost a week with 2 topcoats but it didn't look the greatest because I couldn't apply it properly in the first place. This definitely needs practise and the right technique. Hopefully my next attempt will be an improvement :)

Totally forgot to take a photo of the mascara. But I'll do a review/comparison on it soon anyway!
Did you get anything from MUA lately? I'd love to see other reviews on their products!