Topbox: February 2013 Regular Box!


For Topbox subscribers, this month we had the option to choose between 3 different Prive boxes or the regular Topbox. I actually haven't blogged about my January Topbox yet (that's how unexcited I was about the products!), which was the first mandatory 'Prive' box. I hope to get that blog post up later this week however, it really was nothing special for me. 

Anyway, the Prive box basically is a whole box dedicated to one brand, for that specific month. So for this month's Prive box, we got an email stating the 3 different brands; Benefit Cosmetics, Miracle 10, & Lippy Girl. We were also shown the exact items we would be receiving. I was excited about the Benefit box because I don't own any Benefit products, but after looking at reviews of the products I realized I wouldn't be using the majority of them...

So I was unsure whether or not we would receive items from the Prive boxes in our regular Topbox, in which case I would probably just end up going for the Benefit box, but when I asked customer service I was told we would be receiving completely different products, so I took the chance, and I'm glad I did!

Now onto the contents of the box! I received BOX #1



Card Says: Multi-Use Powder Foundation that can be applied wet or dry for buildable coverage and a customized finish. 
I've actually been eyeing this at the store but the price is so high for something that could possibly break me out that I just have to force myself walk away every time! I wish I received this in a lighter colour though. I tried this on and it is way too dark for my skin tone, I can imagine it working in the summer if I tan (which usually doesn't happen easily, I burn). I wonder if they gave everyone this colour or? I hope to contact them to figure out why I received such a dark colour.
Received: 2g @ $8.40 Full Size: 10g for $42


Card Says: This nourishing cream provides essential nutrients to improve skin's appearance. Use for hydrated, healthy and brighter skin.
This is a very generous sample! I tried this for the past few days on one side of my face and my aunt actually says that side looks better! It feels smoother, however it is not oil-free, but I don't feel oily, just as if there's a film over my skin. It doesn't smell like anything special, my bf said it smelt like his grandma's skincare products -_- It does have salicylic acid in it, which could have been the slight burning/cooling feeling I felt when I put this on after showering. But it actually seems to be helping my skin so far! I need to test it for a few more weeks however, the only downfall is the super steep price...
EDIT: The tingly/cooling feeling I was feeling is actually menthyl lactate. Various websites say it could cause more acne and redness, but I am unsure if these are credential... Anyway I will discontinue using it and see if my skin improves.
Received: 14.18g @ $47.90 Full Size: 45g for $152

Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in Ray of Light

Card Says: Deborah Lippmann's luxury line of award winning nail lacquers was created as a result of her working with some of the more iconic figures in fashion from Cher to Sarah Jessica Parker.
I only have one other Deborah Lippmann polish and it was from a Topbox last summer! The polish has red/blue/green/orange flakes in it and looks lovely through the bottle, I've seen reviews saying it is tough to apply though! I'm delighted to receive another DL and will do a review on it soon.
Received Full Size: 15ml @ $20 (Murale.ca has them ranging from $20-25, and the card says avaiable at Holt Renfrew) 

KMS California FREESHAPE quick blow dry

Card Says: For anyone who wants faster drying and heat protection. Reduces drying time by up to 50%! 
This is an interesting product, I've seen reviews on other blogs and they are positive, stating that this actually works! The website says it reduces friction as well as conditioning lightly. I don't blow dry my hair but I want to now! 
Received: 30ml @ $2.81 Full Size: $18.75 for 200ml


Total Value: $79.11

Overall, I am very pleased with my February 2013 Topbox! I will definitely be able to use all of the products, except the MUFE, but I will possibly be able to in the summer!