Beauty Box 5: February 2013 & January 2013

I've been quite behind on my beauty box reviews, possibly because I haven't been too impressed with any of them lately. I have decided to try the products first before posting about them so I could kind of add a bit of my input about them!

However I really liked the contents of my February Beauty Box 5 and thought I would share! I added my January box below this post as well incase anyone was curious as to what I received. 


I received an amazing box this month, for BB5's 1 Year Anniversary! Although nothing was completely full-sized, the box was heavier than ever before! 


H20 Bath Aquatics Shampoo: This is actually formulated for fine hair, which is great because I have really fine hair! On the website it says it is ideal for cleansing hair brushes/synthetic brushes. I find that a bit odd because I feel like that means it would do a good job in stripping natural oils. When I tried this, I didn't notice any significant difference in my hair.
37ml @ $2.96, Full Size: 250ml @ $20
Coolway Boost Serum/Conditioner: This smelt really chemically to me. Like an artificial berry candy. I didn't notice it doing anything spectacular to my hair. I also think it is way overpriced. I will likely finish it though.
30ml @ $5.06, Full Size: 237ml @ $40


Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub Coconut Lime: I love the scent of this scrub! I tried it and it feels nice and soothing. I like that is is a bit natural, and also very affordable!
156g @ $2.14, Full Size: 510g @ $7


The Brush Guard 1XS, 1SM, 1M: I actually have been wanting to try these, so I am super glad we received them! I bought something similar to these on eBay but they were pretty much the same material that you find fruits in at the grocery store! They are quite stiff and much different/stronger from my eBay 99¢ guards (although they do work decently!).
3 Guards @ $2.75, Full Size: $5.50 (1XS, 2SM, 2M, 2L)


iTrain $50 Gift Card: I am pretty excited to have received this because I have been meaning to start working out again but can't find the motivation to do so. I hope this will motivate me once again! I can't believe we were given such a large amount! I will be sure to use this.
Beauty Box 5 Brush/Mirror Compact: This is in honour of BB5's 1 year anniversary! I absolutely love it and although it doesn't comb my hair the best, it is a cute compact that is light and easy to carry around.


Total Value: 62.91  ||  12.91 w/o iTrain Giftcard

Here is what I got in my January BB5...

Pencil Me in Cosmetics 24 karat liner, Model Co Pomegranate Lip Liner, Ferro Cosmetics Blush x3 in Desert Rose

Perfumies Solid Perfume Stick in Stardust: It has an odd fruity scent and overall I would not typically use this. I didn't find the scent to be strong enough and you can really only smell it when putting your nose right up to where it was applied.
Full Size: 2g @ $7
Pur Lisse Pur Delicate Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser: I used this cleanser for a while. It did take off all my makeup but I feel like it either didn't do anything to my skin or made it worse. It is soap-free and non-irritating which I can vouch for because it didn't dry out my skin and felt gentle, athough it is nothing special in my opinion.
50ml @ $12.05, Full Size: 166ml @ $40
Pencil me in Cosmetics Liner in 24 Karat: I heard that this is a creamy liner, however I didn't find it too creamy. I haven't tried it on the eye yet because I hate the smell of pencils like these.
Full Size: @ $7
Model Co Lip Liner in Pomegranate: I actually don't really like this lip liner. It kind of accentuated my dryness and made my lips look tight. I also don't like the shine to it, I prefer matte lippies.
Full Size: @ $18
Ferro Cosmetics Blush x3 in Desert Rose: This can be used for cheeks, lips, eyes, and nails. I'm not so sure how well it would work on anything but the cheeks, but I actually adore the colour and this it goes well with my pale skin.
Approx. 0.4g? @ $1.70, Full Size: 4g @ $20

Total Value: $45.75