Revlon Nail Art Studio Night

On February 20th I had the amazing opportunity to attend a Revlon event! It was hosted at nail expert Leanne Colley's Tips Nail Bar on Danforth Avenue, Toronto. I feel terrible that this post is a month late but I was initially waiting for my nail swatch wheels to come in, and then hoping that Revlon Canada would put up some photos! I completely forgot to bring my camera to the event!! I have never been to one before, so I was last minute rushing and left my camera charging :( I was lucky to meet up with a fellow beauty blogger, Therese from Canuck Beauty Reviews before the event! I will link her post down at the bottom of this post!

Warning: Post is picture heavy!

Upon arriving we were welcomed by the wonderful Lisa Gerardi, Leanne Colley, and the rest of the Revlon team. Leanne is a top manicurist and nail spokesperson for Revlon. Her nail bar, Tips is a top nail bar in Toronto that has been voted best manicures by mediums such as Blog TO, and Now Magazine! After meeting the team we chatted while the rest of the nail VIP's arrived! Until arriving, I had no clue this was only going to be a small group of maybe 10-12 fellow Toronto bloggers. I felt very honoured to have been one of those selected to participate in this event, thank you Revlon!

We then took our places at the table, and were given an introduction about nail art as well as some tips and tricks from Leanne Colley. We were given the essential tools for nail care, and I was very excited about this because I really needed some of this stuff! I confess I've never used a cuticle clipper, or nail groomer before (I was literally too scared) but I absolutely love these tools! We then began to create some exquisite nail art, and I could not believe how amazing the other girls were! I thought I was decent at nail art, and then I suddenly felt terrible at it haha. They were amazing. It was wonderful to see and hear some great tips from Leanne as well, because I learnt quite a few things about nail art that I  did not know before, and it really gave me a greater interest in it.

I wish I had taken more pictures at the event, I think I really only have one (silly me). I will link some of the other bloggers posts down below so hopefully you can get a much better idea of the event!


Here is what I was given to take home with me, after the event:
Revlon: Crazy Shine Nail Buffer, Expert Nail Groomer Cuticle Pusher/Cleaner, File 'N Peel, Cuticle Nipper, Nail Clip, Pink Sparkly File

We were given the full Revlon Nail Art Collection as well!

Revlon Nail Treatments: Treat & Boost, Nail Brightener, Cuticle Softener

Moon Candy Collection: 200 Moon Dust || 270 Cosmic || 290 Universe || 250 Supernova || 230 Satellite || 240 Eclipse || 280 Orbit || 210 Galactic || 260 Meteor || 220 Milky Way

Neon Collection: 120 Neon Light || 110 High Voltage || 160 Hot Flash || 100 Atomic Pink || 180 Killer Watt || 140 Pink Glow || 170 Ultra Violet || 190 Amped Up || 150 Fluorescent || 130 Laser Beam

Expressionist Collection: 330 Silhouette || 380 Post Modern || 390 Pastel Punk || 340 Pinkasso || 370 Jackson Polish || 320 Monet Monet || 300 Pop Art || 360 Vincent Van Gold || 350 Ulterior Motif || 310 Night & Degas

Swatches:
200 Moon Dust || 270 Cosmic || 290 Universe || 250 Supernova || 230 Satellite
2 Base Coats and 1 Coat of Moon Candy

240 Eclipse || 280 Orbit || 210 Galactic || 260 Meteor || 220 Milky Way
2 Base Coats and 1 Coat of Moon Candy

My favourites so far are Orbit and Galactic. I love the pieces in Metoer as well, the colours are very vibrant and not your typical glitter! It is best to let the moon candy sit upside down for a few minutes, and then flip it over when your ready to apply it. Swirl the brush around the edges of the container because it will likely attract more of the pieces onto the brush! I love these for accent nails!


 120 Neon Light || 110 High Voltage || 160 Hot Flash || 100 Atomic Pink || 180 Killer Watt
1 White Base Coat & 2 Colour Coats

140 Pink Glow || 170 Ultra Violet || 190 Amped Up || 150 Fluorescent || 130 Laser Beam
1 White Base Coat & 2 Colour Coats


The neons basically turned out matte, you have to be sure to have the white base underneath, for the neon shade to really show. I noticed that the last 3 darker colours didn't show up as matte/neon as the others. Also High Voltage and Laser Beam I think were a bit dried out so I had a hard time with application (especially High Voltage), I hope it is fixable! Killer Watt and Pink Glow are my favourites and the most opaque!

Expressionist Collection - 2 Base Coats without Step 2

330 Silhouette || 380 Post Modern || 390 Pastel Punk || 340 Pinkasso || 370 Jackson Polish
2 Base Coats, 1 Nail Art Coat

320 Monet Monet || 300 Pop Art || 360 Vincent Van Gold || 350 Ulterior Motif || 310 Night & Degas
2 Base Coats, 1 Nail Art Coat

My favourite base from the Expressionist collection has to be Silhouette, because it is neutral and very versatile. I love the glitter from Ulterior Motif. I can only imagine so many possibilities with mixing and matching these colours! Night & Degas is a matte black which is lovely as a base!


Overall I really am enjoying the different collections and having fun experimenting with them! I'll be sure to bring some blog posts with some NOTD's as soon as my nails stop peeling on me (I had to give them a break for a bit). Thank you again Revlon, and all the lovely bloggers at the event for the great experience. Here are some of their links: