Fashion Magazine Beauty Panel: How to Wear Purple Makeup


Purple is one of the best colours to accent brown or hazel eyes. It took me a while to figure this out when I was younger, because the only colour I wanted to wear on my eyes was blue. But blues are a bit harsher on my brown eyes and hooded eyelids, and I realized my eyes work much better with purple shades. 

For a more subtle purple look, I’d go for pinky-purples, and add a lighter shade in the inner corners. I think that bluish-purples tend to look more dramatic and work best with lighter eyes, but all types of purple can definitely make your eyes pop.

Whether I am going for a subtle or dramatic look, I will always add a darker purple in the crease. I think that this helps to add depth for hooded eyelids, especially. Depending on the look I am going for, I will add a very deep purple (dramatic) or a purple only slighter darker than what I used on the lid. 

For this look, I actually added a mauve in the upper crease, but I made sure to have a darker purple in the outer corners of my eyes.

Be sure to prime your eyes beforehand, and use a white base if you’d like the colours to appear much brighter. I used the Coastal Scents 252 Palette in this look, but if you’re not totally sure about purple on your eyes, you can try experimenting with a variety of mini palettes available in stores. Maybelline has quite a few purple palettes in their Color Plush Eyeshadows or Color Explosion Luminizing Eyeshadow Collections.

Products Used: Coastal Scents 252 Palette, Cailyn Gel Liner, Maybelline Rocket Volum Waterproof Mascara


Click to see the rest of the posts from the Beauty Panel for this week!
Also, did you notice my new hair colour? :) It's quite faded now, but I kind of like it better like this :p what do you think!?