Pure + Simple Sensitive Skin Face Wash Review


I actually discovered this product in my Swag Bag from attending the Beauty Board, earlier this year. I really enjoyed the sample we received so I went to their Yonge & Eglington location and purchased the full size. I have been using it daily since then and now it's almost done!

What I love most about this face wash is that it is specifically targeted towards sensitive skin, yet it is still effective enough to remove makeup. It claims that it doesn't include any harsh surfactants or parabens, and uses the mildest botanicals. I have listed the ingredients the best that I could below, as it was hard to read (the text is all smudged):

Ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut/Corn derived Cleansing Agent), Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate (Coconute Derived Surfactant), Sodium Lauryl Glucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate (Non-toxic Surfactant), Sodium Lauryl Glutamate (Amino Acid Derived Cleansing Agent), Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Water, Glycerin, Zizyphus Joazeiro Bark Extract, Trehalose (Plant Derived Moisturizer), Maltooligosyl Glucoside (Tapioca Derived Surfectant), Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysata (Sugar Derived Thickener), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Tilia Cordata (Linden) Blossom Extract, Plantago Major (Plantain) Extract, Potassium Sorbate (Food Grade Preservative), Citric Acid, Gluconolactone (Fruit Acid), Sodium Benzoate (Food Grade Preservative), Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender Oil).

Pros:
It doesn't break me out. It removes my foundation and any other face makeup I have on. I wash two or three times to thoroughly remove it, just to be sure (which is kind of a pain!). I'd recommend using makeup wipes to remove your foundation first, so you will not need to wash the face more than once. It does remove eyeshadow, but hardly removes waterproof mascara or eyeliner. My face does not feel oily or too dry afterwards, but you definitely need to moisturize. It is safe for my sensitive skin and feels super clean afterwards. Lately, I've been noticing a big improvement in my acne, and my skin feels much smoother. I have also been staying away from too much fast food and McDonald's, yay! Also, it isn't a miracle all-in-one face wash, and won't minimize the dark spots on your face.
Cons:
It doesn't lather well to begin with, and over time I noticed it lathers even less now. I don't know why but I can only assume it may have to do with being open too long, or the ingredients are losing their effectiveness. I also dislike the label and packaging.. it gets sticky when wet and the text/colour is all smudged now, and the bottle is pretty sticky from the face wash itself, as well. And I can't forget, the higher price.

I purchased this when they had a 15% off all cleansers sale. I was thinking about repurchasing this.. however, I think I will take my chances and try a less expensive alternative. Although it definitely does do everything I want in a standard facial cleanser, and most importantly does not contribute to breakouts. I do still get bumps and the occasional pimple, however! Edit: I do believe my skin is a bit less dry and breaks out less now that I am using an alternative face wash. I will not be repurchasing this due to the high price, but I did like that it removed my makeup better than other face washes I've tried.

Pure + Simple is a Canadian natural-skincare company, based out of Toronto. They have 3 spas in Toronto, although their products are also sold at other locations in Ontario, Alberta, BC, and online! Click here for more details on where you can purchase their products.
The Sensitive Skin Face Wash is available in 2 sizes, 100ml for $19.95 or 200ml for $32.95.