Beauty Favourites of 2015

beauty and makeup favourites of 2015

Merry (super late) Christmas and Happy New Year! I had a great relaxing holiday, spent a lot of time with family and saw a few relatives I haven't seen in quite a while, which is always nice. I actually didn't get much, I typically just am given giftcards since I am so hard to shop for!

Of course with the new year I have to do a year-round favourites post. I don't get around to doing many favourites posts because I am guilty of taking a little too long to test products (sometimes..). I actually forgot to do a 2014 Favourites but I did do one for 2013, you can see here. Actually, a lot of the products featured in that 2013 favourites post I still use to this day.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I find it kind of funny that I managed to find 15 Beauty Favourites of 2015, and I didn't even do this on purpose! To start off, I discovered the Tarte Eyeshadow Primer on Sephora's website, decided to give it a shot and I think it's now my holy grail eye primer. The Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush* I've been obsessed with for applying any kind of eyeshadow in my crease, and my Mac 109 Brush has been my baby for contouring. I have fallen in love with Becca X Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop despite thinking it was too dark for my somewhat pale skin. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation has been my everyday HG foundation. I am almost onto my 3rd bottle. And despite the controversial thoughts on Maybelline's Master Conceal, I am on my 2nd tube, it has gotten me through most of 2015 no problem. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again, it's a great drugstore concealer. Next up Anastasia Brow Wiz* and Dipbrow Pomade both in Chocolate are my go-to for doing my brows. Lately I have been testing other products, but I always manage to come back to my Brow Wiz. It's very forgiving for drawing out your brows. Mac's Paint Pot in Soft Ochre has also become a staple this year, for days where I want to conceal some eyelid darkness and add a little bit of shadow too.

I am sorry but I have 4 favourite lip products this year! First is my eos lip balms*, I've used these for a few years now but I have so many and they are just so easy to use that I've always got one on hand. Next is my Colourpop Lippie Stix! I've been obsessed with the colour Lumiere (created by Kathleen Lights) but have started to branch out to other shades as well! Lippie Stix are so drying on me but I can't stop wearing them... they have great pigmentation and staying power. My Flower Beauty Lip Suede in Mauve Over, from Walmart, was my go-to lip colour before I kind of outgrew the shade. It is decently pigmented, non-drying, and I wore it a lot this year, especially over my Mac Lip Liner in Spice. Very ideal for lining or overdrawing the lips.

Finally, my two favourite palettes would have to be the Lorac Pro Palette, picked up from the US for me by the lovely Shawna of Spill The Beauty. This palette is life! I use the mattes of the top row religiously. Lastly is my Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette. I've been using the 2 lighter shades in this palette to contour, and the yellow shade to highlight, also religiously.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I didn't include any skincare because I may do a skincare favourites of 2015! I want to see or hear about your 2015 favourites and what you got for Christmas! Feel free to share below :)

SHOP:


Products marked with an asterisk were received for review or consideration.