Skincare & Hair Favourites of 2015

skin and hair care favourites of 2015

I did a round-up of my favourite beauty products of 2015 (here), but I've tested so much skincare throughout the year that I thought it'd be best for my skincare faves to have it's own post (+ 2 hair care products). I have here, 10 skin and hair care favourites of 2015 to share with you!

I've had ombre hair for roughly a year now. Clairol Shimmer Lights Purple Shampoo was the first thing I bought after my hair was dyed. Definitely a HUGE help in keeping the ends less yellow/orange, I use it every week or so. Philosophy Purity Foaming Cleansing Gel* removes my makeup so easily! Definitely a great alternative if you don't want to use makeup wipes or a cleansing oil. But cleansing oils are a huge trend now and great for hydrating the skin while removing makeup. Jurlique Nourishing Cleansing Oil* is one of my favourite, even though I haven't tried many. The ingredients are so lovely, and it just works so well on my skin and I don't have to rinse after if I don't want to. Vichy Purete Thermale Micellar Oil* is another great one. Probably the best at removing makeup out of all the cleansing oils I've tried, but it does sort of sting the eyes if not used carefully. 

I've used plenty of new moisturizers in 2015. The Bioderma Hydrabio Light Cream* is great for night time, but it was too hydrating in the summer to apply in the mornings. Since winter started, this has been moisturizing enough and not too oily for day and night. I always (always) use a primer before applying my foundation. I don't see a difference in my pores, but the Bioderma Pore Refiner* just feels great and absorbs into the skin so quickly so it's ready for foundation.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Philosophy Amazing Grace* is such an absorbent moisturizer. I was surprised at how quickly it absorbed into my skin and for that reason I love it! It makes my skin feel soft and silky, although I'm not too big a fan of the scent for bed-time wear.

So another great facial moisturizer I had the opportunity to test was the Indeed Labs Fillume Volumising Moisturiser*. It is supposed to sort of fill out aging skin and give it a plump or healthy look. Even with my large head/face, I love this on my skin. It smells great, the jar is so innovative, and it absorbs so quickly.

I don't get the opportunity to try a lot of eye products, so since testing the Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for Eyes*, I've been using it consistently ever since. It isn't a miracle product, but I feel like it does the trick in helping to hydrate the under eye. And lastly, Phyto Extreme Exceptional Mask* has been a huge helper in getting my bleached hair back to (almost) normal again. Phyto is a great, but super pricey hair care brand.

SHOP:

Products marked with an asterisk were received for review or consideration.