Annabelle Brows & Self Sharpening Liners

Annabelle Brows and Liners Review

Annabelle brought out a ton of new brow and eye products in the Fall of 2015 and I have a few of them here to share with you. Annabelle is legit my go-to drugstore brand and I have a ton of positive things to say about the quality of their products. I've already talked about their Smokey Nudes Palette (here) and how well the palette was made considering the price point. Here I have their latest Brow Show, Brow-To-Go Kit, and Stay Sharp Self Sharpening Brow and Eye Liners.

Annabelle Brow Show Brow Liner and Highlighter in Light Review

I want to start off with the Brow Show Liner + Highlighter ($9.95 CAD) because it is by far my favourite product from the bunch. At first sight, I thought the results wouldn't be too noticeable and I was half right. Brow Show is meant to be very natural with no harsh lines. Everyone is opting for super bold brows right now but that isn't my thing at all. The shade I have is 'Light'. I like the inner parts of my brows to look defined and somewhat natural, so I love this for just filling in sparse areas after lining my brows. The Highlighter I don't typically use, but it's creamy and applies very effortlessly. 

There are two versions of this right now, the Light shade (mine), and Medium (probably suitable for dark hair colours only). 

In all my latest Instagram photos I've been using Brow Show for the inner part of my brows. Like here, and here.

Annabelle Brow To Go Brow Shaping Kit in Light/Medium Review

The Brow-To-Go Kit ($9.95 CAD) is probably my least favourite of their newest launches just because I don't use this type of product on my brows anymore. There are two shades in the kit, Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. I have the Light/Medium, and each come with a fixing gel (wax) to tame the brows. It also comes with mini tweezers and a mini angled brush to apply the powder. While the colours are perfect for my brows, I just don't typically use powdered brow products anymore. It works for filling in the inner parts of my brows but I prefer the Brow Show for that. These kind of powdered brow products are just becoming a bit outdated in my opinion!

Annabelle Stay Sharp Self Sharpening Liners in Black Metal, Bronzy, Taupe Review

Here I have two types of Annabelle Stay Sharp Self-Sharpening Liners ($9.95 CAD). The top brown shade pictured is a Waterproof Brow Liner in Taupe. The metallic brown and black are Waterproof Kohl Liners in Bronzy and Black Metal.

I'm flabbergasted!! So many products claim to be self-sharpening but in reality they are just manual twist ups. Annabelle totally means it when they say self-sharpening. Every...single..time you open the lid, your liner will be properly sharpened. I'm guessing the lid has some sort of sharpener or shaper inside that helps to keep your liner with a perfectly pointed tip every time. This can mean the product running out slightly faster though, since some of it will accumulate in the lid.


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

The Brow Liners come in about 6 different shades; Blond, Taupe, Auburn, Medium Brown, Dark Brown, and Ebony. I have Taupe, the second lightest shade. I personally find it quite dark though, and very universal if you're unsure of what colour you would be.

The Brow Liner is very creamy and can be a bit difficult to use if you want to fill in your entire brow (like I usually do). I'm wearing it below and as you can see it was a little hard to get a softer look with it. I did have better luck using it alongside other products though like filling in the outer corners of my brow after defining it with Annabelle's Skinny Brow Liner (review of this coming soon!).


• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

The Metallic Waterproof Kohl Eyeliners (here in Bronzy and Black Metal), are super creamy and intense eyeliners. Once it goes on it really doesn't come off! It dries quickly and therefore doesn't smudge. It is ophthalmologist tested and safe to use inside the eyes. I love when a product mentions this on the label so I have a peace of mind using it on my waterline. The liners have tons of shimmer and sparkle in them and the colour payoff is lovely. I do personally prefer matte liners but I can use these on days when I just need a little bit of colour around the eyes. 

Annabelle Stay Sharp Brow Liner in Taupe Worn Face Shot

Annabelle Brow To Go Kit, Brow Show, and Stay Sharp Liners Swatched
Annabelle Brow-To-Go Kit in Light/Medium, Brow Show in Light, Stay Sharp Self-Sharpening Liners in Black Metal, Bronzy, and Brow Liner in Taupe

Annabelle is such a great drugstore brand and I feel like I can confidently recommend a lot of their products. They are available at Annabelle.com, at drugstores and pharmacies and some mass retail shops.

These products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.