Demeter Foolproof Blending Duo & Trio Sets

demeter foolproof blending duo & trio sets review

I can only describe Demeter as a very simple fragrance brand with a huge collection (like..hundreds of scents). Their scents are just that, simple, yet the majority of their scents are so accurate. Because the scents are so basic, they are very blendable. Super easy to wear together, or even to mix! Demeter realized this and has come out with Foolproof Blending Duo's and Trio's! They've paired compatible scents together to make it easy for you to make your own personalized scent. 

demeter foolproof blending duo & trio sets review

Demeter's Foolproof Blending Duo on the left, consists of Clean Skin and Sunshine, along with an empty bottle to do your own mixing in. The one I have is part of the permanent collection, however they did come out with limited editions sets for this past Christmas.

On the right is Demeter's Foolproof Blending Trio in Vanilla. It contains 3 scents I am completely in love with, Hawaiian Vanilla, Angel Food, and Gingerbread. The Trios also come in 'Clean' and 'Floral', but sweet scents are my thing so I had to choose Vanilla!

demeter foolproof blending duo & trio sets review

So the Blending Duos come with a mini funnel, droppers, perfume sampler strips, 2 full sized Demeter Fragrances, and an empty bottle for mixing. 

The Trios come with 3 full sized Demeter Fragrances and I believe they also come with the perfume sampler strips but I accidentally put them all together in one box (in the photo above, oops). 

demeter foolproof blending duo & trio sets review clean skin and sunshine

Demeter Foolproof Blending Duo in Clean Skin & Sunshine

I am terrible at describing scents, but let me try. Clean Skin & Sunshine are very similar. Clean Skin has a bit more of an alcohol scent to it, like when you've just put toner on your face that has a slight floral scent to it. Sunshine is a bit more sweet, powdery and playful. Sunshine grew on me for sure and smells great mixed with Angel Food, Gingerbread (my favourite!), or Hawaiian Vanilla. I didn't really like Clean Skin mixed with anything at first, but I did end up liking it paired with Angel Food the best because it tones down it's sweetness. 

demeter foolproof blending duo & trio sets review

I love that Demeter gives you a separate bottle for mixing but.. it isn't totally necessary. It's very cute and fun, but I personally prefer to mix them into a smaller, more portable spray bottle (like from the dollar store) so I don't have to worry about it fitting in my purse, or dropping it.

demeter foolproof blending duo & trio sets review gingerbread hawaiian vanilla angel food

Demeter Foolproof Blending Trio in Vanilla

I am so in love with these 3; Gingerbread, Hawaiian Vanilla, Angel Food! They all make me hungry for sweets. I can't decide on a favourite, I am going back and forth on them. They are designed to be mixed together pretty much directly onto the skin. Gingerbread smells like a sweet and spicy cake, it gives off a strong reminder of the holidays. Hawaiian Vanilla is light, but has a bit of a fruity creamsicle-like undertone. Angel Food is very strong, super sweet, and I really just want to eat something that smells like this. This is one I can see myself using quite often on it's own, I'm just drawn to it. 

Gingerbread pairs very well with both Hawaiian Vanilla and Angel Food! But Hawaiian Vanilla and Angel Food are a bit too sweet and similar to mix together.

demeter foolproof blending duo & trio sets review

The whole Foolproof Blending thing is so fun! I had an interesting time trying to see which fragrances would go best together. Then had to take a break because I was sniffing so many different scents.. my nose got confused! In the end I didn't end up liking the Clean Skin & Sunshine combination, I felt the scents were too similar to pair together. Are they supposed to be paired together? I'm not even sure. I did really like mixing together Angel Food, Gingerbread, and Sunshine! Favourite combo so far, but I'm sure there are plenty more that would go well together. 

Gingerbread also paired very well with Sunshine on it's own, and Clean Skin went well with Angel Food as mentioned above.

demeter foolproof blending duo & trio sets review

I also got a bonus sampler of Landromat to test out. In love with the fact that I can hang this on my keys but not my favourite scent. I mean it smells nice on my bed or in my car.. but I don't really want to smell like a Landromat!

demeter foolproof blending duo & trio sets review

Well that was one of the more fun posts I've done! I had fun experimenting with the different combinations and I have a feeling it won't stop here. I personally am now a big fan of the Blending Trio I received (Angel Food, Hawaiian Vanilla, Gingerbread). I can definitely use all 3 of the scents, but that is just because I am a fan of sweet or musky scented fragrances. I would also purchase the Blending Trio over the Duo because the empty bottle is a little useless to me, and the Trio is only $10-ish more. You can find Demeter Fragrances individually at The Superstore, Loblaws(?), in Canada and possibly other drugstores or chain grocery stores that I don't know about (heh, sorry). The Foolproof Blending Duos are $35 and the Trios are priced at $45. 

I received this kit through the Canadian Beauty Bloggers Network #bbloggersca, please check out some of my fellow Canadian beauty bloggers reviews on their Duo and Trio kits below! 

These products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.