Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation Review

covergirl ready set gorgeous foundation review

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation is an oil-free foundation, providing medium coverage resulting in a flawless, natural look that lasts all day. There are 12 different shades to choose from ranging from Classic Ivory (105) to Soft Sable (320). I can't agree more with the claims of this foundation! The coverage is amazing and it's super affordable and has been my go-to for the past few months. 

I originally received 105 Classic Ivory and 120 Nude Beige through #BeautyUnited but ended up purchasing another 120 and a shade lighter in 115 in Buff Beige at my Walmart on sale for about $7-8. The tubes are quite small with only 30ml in each, the 120 had lasted me a couple months so far, but I have been using more of the 115 and it is going very quickly.

covergirl ready set gorgeous foundation swatches 105 115 120 classic ivory nude buff beige

The only other Covergirl foundation I've tried is the 3-in-1 Outlast, and although the coverage was great, I felt the shades were too pink for my skin tone and the sunscreen ingredient didn't seem to get along with my skin (I was getting clogged pores). 

The shades in the Ready Set Gorgeous line are still a bit too neutral/pink and not warm enough for my yellow undertones, with 120 being a bit warmer than 115, but still a bit neutral. 105 is the lightest shade in the range and is suitable for pink undertones. 115 is definitely more suitable for pink/neutral undertones, so if you have yellow undertones and are lighter than a MAC NC20 I think you might be out of luck. FYI, I am an NC20 and the 115 is the best match but too pink, with the 120 being slightly darker and a bit less pink but still not yellow enough for my undertones.

The foundation lasts all day and does not oxidize on me. It doesn't clog my pores and I didn't break out from this at all. My face stays matte for a few hours and doesn't look much different by the end of the day. I only needed to blot once, halfway through the day, during very hot summer weather. I find that the only place I would need to touch up by the end of the day was the tip of my nose.

covergirl ready set gorgeous foundation review
covergirl ready set gorgeous foundation before after 120 nude beige with 105 classic ivory
I used 120 Nude Beige here and a bit of 105 Classic Ivory together, because 120 alone is a bit too dark for me. 115 is a perfect shade however it is more neutral than the 120 and not perfectly suited to my (yellow undertones) skintone.

The coverage is a light-medium but with another layer it builds up to medium, while still being breathable. It covers my redness pretty well! I did find myself using quite a bit of this foundation to spread it out and get a good coverage. I typically use a buffing brush to apply a light layer on the face and then a sponge or Beauty Blender to add another layer and go over and conceal any redness on my cheeks, nose, or forehead. It works well on top of any primer or moisturizer I've tried, and I've found it to work best on top of the La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat or any other light moisturizer.

A downside is that it does not have any SPF, however this also allows for you to use your own sunscreen underneath, or no sunscreen for a night out. 

Pros:
- Doesn't break me out
- Fragrance isn't too strong
- Looks matte on the skin
- Lasts all day
- Coverage is buidable to medium
- Covers redness well
- Packaging is small but does last even if you are using quite a bit everyday

Cons:
- Transfers easily
- Shades are lacking, and are not on the warm side (not too suitable for yellow undertones, but it doesn't hurt to try)
- Can make skin look drying if not prepped properly or if skin is flaky

After using this foundation for quite a few months and repurchasing, I've decided to finish what I have and try to find a more suitable yellow-undertone foundation. The 115 is becoming a bit too dark for me when applied heavily especially on days when I haven't self-tanned the night before. Hoping I can continue using this during the summer months when I can get a bit of a tan going on.

covergirl ready set gorgeous foundation 120 nude beige worn

For $7.97 CAD at Walmart, I would purchase this again for sure! I want healthy looking skin with my redness covered and I get that with this foundation. Of course, it doesn't give you that flawless 'glow' you get with some high-end foundations, but it is great for those looking for something affordable that can be worn every day and also suitable for a night out if you have to. I've already re-purchased this a few times. I would recommend testing it first (if you can) for those with very warm-yellow undertones, and think it is more suitable for those with pink-neutral undertones, but again, I have very warm undertones and find that this is okay for me but the selection of shades could definitely be better/ more suitable for asian skintones.  Find it at Ulta (US) for $7.99.

Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events, but the opinions on my blog are always 100% my own. I did purchase 120 again, and have purchased the 115 shade as well.