Joe Fresh Beauty, Now at Shoppers Drug Mart

joe fresh shoppers drug mart launch and review

Joe Fresh Beauty is a new brand that has been spotted in Superstore and Loblaw locations in Canada. They've recently expanded to include their beauty products in Shoppers Drug Mart! This making it easier for the average person to find their products. But... do you even want to try their products? I've tested 5 of them and the answer is yes! To be honest, 2 out of the 5 products I didn't like, but the other 3 I loved! Everything within the collection is over $8 but under $18 and there are a ton of new launches...

I recently attended the launch of Joe Fresh Beauty at Shoppers Drug Mart, see the few sneak peek photos I have:
(Click to enlarge photos). Selfie with Alysha who writes for Toronto Beauty Reviews, & Carly of Beauty and the Blog

joe fresh mat matte lipstick in scarlet review
joe fresh mat matte lipstick in scarlet worn

Joe Fresh MAT Matte Lipstick in Scarlet ($8.00). It comes off as a deep red in the tube, but it actually applies more of a deep purple/raspberry shade. I probably would have preferred a more red shade, as I don't typically wear pinks. I couldn't really test the wear time properly as I don't like to wear this colour out, but as far as I can see it lasts a decent few hours before needing re-application. The initial application, I found a bit uneven. It is super hard to get an all-around even colour, and I probably would have been better off using a lip liner first. I wasn't too impressed with the colour, it was meh to me. It is not fragrance scented though, which I like, and instead it smells of a light rubber/plastic scent (but I prefer this over strongly fragranced lipsticks). 

joe fresh lip creme in wine review
joe fresh lip creme in wine review
joe fresh lip creme in wine worn

The Joe Fresh Lip Creme ($12.00) gave me a new hope for the line, however! The Lip Creme I received is in the shade 'Wine', however there are 6 shades in total of the line so far. The Lip Creme's are described as a hybrid between a lipstick and a gloss... can we say Joe Fresh's version of a liquid lipstick!?! 

These are described as long wearing, conditioning, and rich in pigmentation. I can definitely vouch for these claims. The pigmentation is very rich, it is easy to apply and the colour goes on like a liquid lipstick. It can leave a stain so I guess it is a lipstick/gloss/stain hybrid! However, it doesn't dry down to a matte, and instead stays sheen on the lips. It has a slight vanilla scent and definitely smells better than the matte lipstick. It doesn't feel too sticky and I would wear this everyday if I had it in a more neutral colour. 

joe fresh matte liquid eyeliner review

I really wanted to like the Joe Fresh Matte Liquid Eyeliner ($12.00) but it really just doesn't perform well for the price. The quality of the liner formula is great, but the applicator is such a disappointment! The wand is so long and the tip is so flimsy. It holds so much product but when applying it there is really no way to get precision. I was SO NERVOUS applying this liner. I think their Precision Liquid Liner (comes in a pen shape) would have a better outcome, and $4 cheaper too. In terms of wear, I didn't get an exact time frame but it wore as expected for a drugstore liner.

joe fresh highlighting powder in champagne review

The Joe Fresh Highlighting Powder ($8.00) is something you NEED in your highlighter collection. First of all, it is only available in two shades, Champagne and Luster. I have here Champagne. It is very light. I can't imagine Luster being much darker, so I assume these are only best suitable for lighter skin-tones. If I was any darker, Champagne would not even look decent on me! It does not show up well with a brush, but it does when applied with fingers. I was impressed with the pigmentation when using my fingers to apply it and I would definitely use this on a daily basis and save my more expensive highlighters for special occasions.

joe fresh highlighting powder in champagne and mat lipstick in scarlet
A little hard to see but Joe Fresh Highlighting Powder in Champagne on cheekbones, Joe Fresh Matte Liquid Liner on eyes, and Joe Fresh Matte Lipstick in Scarlet on lips.

joe fresh makeup remover wipes review

And to remove all the makeup I just put on, the Joe Fresh Makeup Remover Wipes ($10.00)! I didn't have high expectations for these but omg they are like holy grail worthy! They contain Vitamins A, C, D, are hypoallergenic, and dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested. Also alcohol free!

Great experience with them and I will definitely repurchase. $10 for 30 wipes is 33 cents a wipe and really not too bad of a price. They don't leave my face feeling icky afterwards, they are very saturated with products and maybe just a bit too big of a wipe (I can probably clean 3 people's faces with one wipe). It says no need to rinse but I always wash my face after using a wipe just to make sure everything is off. Literally, everything comes off so easily! Probably because they are so saturated and the formula just works. These didn't irritate or bother my skin, and are gentle enough for everyday use. They have a very typical makeup wipe scent but it isn't bothersome.

joe fresh lip creme wine worn
Joe Fresh Highlighting Powder in Champagne on cheekbones, Joe Fresh Matte Liquid Liner on eyes, and Joe Fresh Matte Lip Creme in Wine on lips.

Overall, the Joe Fresh Beauty products I tried were good quality, I loved 3 out of the 5 I tried (the Lip Creme, Highlighter, and Wipes), but the other 2 were just ok (not bad, but I didn't like them). It might come off surprising that an (originally) clothing brand could produce decent quality cosmetics! I would 100% recommend trying a few of their products, some can be huge hits and (with all brands) some can be misses. Out of the 3 products I loved, I think the Makeup Remover Wipes are the one thing I'll purchase and keep coming back to.

These products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.