Bioderma Hydrabio Serum & Light Cream Review

bioderma serum and light cream review

Bioderma is a super favourite brand of mine. Found at the drugstore, decently priced, and their products are effective and delicate on sensitive skin. These two products have almost the exact same packaging... it's a little annoying, I even get them confused sometimes. But one is a Light Cream, and the other is a Serum. They are both 40 ml, and both great products but I'm going to tell you which one is best suitable for your skin concerns.

bioderma serum and light cream review

The Bioderma Hydrabio Light Cream for Dehydrating Sensitive Skin is something I used quite often. At the start of winter my skin began to feel really dry, so I wanted to increase my moisture a bit with this. Because it is light, it isn't too thick, but it isn't the lightest cream either. It has a lovely light fragranced scent and doesn't take too long to absorb. One pump can cover the whole face which I like, I hate when I have to apply so much product to get it to coat my skin. It doesn't feel so much like a light cream to me, but it is great for winter, spring, or fall. Personally, I have combination skin and would find this too much for hot humid days in the summer, but perfect for night (sleep) wear. In the winter I find it fine to wear during the day but it can tend to make me a bit oily if I don't use the right stuff afterwards to set my makeup. 

bioderma serum and light cream review

Bioderma's Hydrabio Serum is ideal for Very Dehydrated Sensitive Skin. It is meant to be used alone, or preferably with a cream. It is non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and the fragrance is allergen free. It is described to be excellent as a makeup base, and I found it works ok under my makeup, but it isn't a miracle that helps my makeup stay all day or anything. To be honest, anything that adds additional moisture works well for me. Sometimes I forget to use this though, because it is just one of those skincare steps that tends to be forgotten (I literally always forget a serum...).

bioderma serum and light cream review
L to R: Light Cream, Serum

I really like the feeling of using these together, they aren't too heavy but I just prefer to wear them at night. If you have to choose one, I'd totally recommend trying out the Hydrabio Light Cream. If your skin is extremely oily, you might not be happy with either of these, in that case I'd try getting a small sample to try out before anything. My skin is combination again, and in the summer I can't see this working well, but for colder climates it is great! If you only want it for daytime use, I'd recommend trying the Hydrabio Serum itself because the Light Cream might be too hydrating.

The Hydrabio Serum is available in a 40ml size at $42.95 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart and Rexall in Canada (and I might be missing a few other drugstores!). Note: Since writing this post I have been notified that the Light Cream will be replaced with a new Gel Cream and I will be sure to do a new review on that.

These products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.