Clean & Clear Pore Perfecting Routine

clean and clear pore perfecting routine review

When it comes to skincare, the hardest thing is to choose the products that best suit your skin. It takes trial and error, but it is inevitable that eventually, you will find what works for you. When I was younger, I had the toughest time trying to find skincare products that work for me and went through countless products to find something suitable.

I went through what every teen goes through, a bit of acne trouble, mainly due to my sensitive skin and my tendency to eat unhealthy foods (in high school.. Twinkies were my break time snack! I was terrible!). As an adult I don't have too many problems with acne. I think as you get older, you become more perceptive of others around you and the problems can sometimes become more mental, rather than physical. But one of my biggest insecurities is actually something physical.

I am insecure with how skinny I am; how small my bust, butt, hips, and thighs are. I've always wanted to be a bit bigger but my genes just don't seem to allow it. I've tried for years to gain weight, and I have to eat what seems like over 3000 calories a day just to gain a bit of weight. To be honest, this is really hard for someone who has a small stomach to begin with. It really has been a huge struggle for me, and I've dealt with people making fun of it my whole life. It probably sounds a little weird, who doesn't want to be skinny? I guess it's a little like the whole curly vs. straight hair. I've had straight hair and have always wanted curly (and vice versa from what I've heard). I've been told that my eating habits will catch up to me in my 20's, but it hasn't caught up yet! I think by the time my habits catch up, I won't want them to! So I've come to accept the skinny gene I've inherited, and I've found ways to make it look like I'm a little bigger when choosing the right clothing! You can say that I have accepted the "Real Me". 

clean and clear pore perfecting routine review

Now onto the products! I've recently had the opportunity to test out a Clean & Clear skincare routine consisting of 3 products; a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Clean & Clear have always had a focus on finding the perfect routine, and finding the products that work perfectly for our skin type. I have here the Pore Perfecting 3-Step Routine..

clean and clear deep action cream cleanser review

Clean & Clear's Deep Action Cream Cleanser is designed to remove dirt, oil, make-up, and is oil-free so it won't be clogging pores. It has very minimal ingredients and might work well for sensitive skin types (note that it does contain salicylic acid). It does have a cream consistency and did remove a bit of my makeup but I prefer to use a makeup remover beforehand. I prefer using this pore cleanser in the mornings only because it feels light and minty cool on the skin. I personally don't prefer the minty fresh feeling on the skin after rinsing but my friend did, and he's been using it daily!

clean and clear blackhead clearing astringent review

Again, the Blackhead Clearing Astringent contains minimal ingredients and will help to remove any stubborn leftover dirt. It is a toner designed for blackheads, and formulated to remove dirt and oils (the leading causes of blackheads) and also contains salicylic acid (1%). It won't be too drying on the skin as long as you moisturize afterwards. I didn't notice a decrease in my blackheads, but I did notice slightly tightened pores. I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to using toners, I've used a lot of harsh ones as a child so I am sort of afraid of them.. if you're like me then I'd suggest using this one every other day or so.

clean and clear dual action moisturizer review

The Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer also is a minimal ingredient product, oil-free, and contains salicylic acid as well. It works to moisturize the skin and prevent any future breakouts and pimples. I like to use this as a spot area treatment, rather than all over the face. Salicylic acid can be a little drying, so I'd suggest using a regular moisturizer, and this face moisturizer on top or like I do, as a spot treatment. It contains a small amount of salicylic acid (0.5%) so it might not be as effective at treating pimples, and might be more effective at trying to prevent them. 

As a teenager, I actually used quite a few Clean & Clear products because they were so easily accessible at my nearest drugstore. Honestly, I think their products are most suitable for teens just getting into skincare and discovering what works for them! Clean & Clear offers many various products, there is sure to be something that works for everyone. I think it is evident that not everyone's skin will work with every product, as we are all made differently.


Product Provided as promotional consideration by Johnson & Johnson Inc.