Capitol COVERGIRL Catching Fire Look: District 12

In honour of the new Hunger Games: Catching Fire film, CoverGirl has brought out their new Capitol Collection! Along with their new collection (which you should already be seeing in stores!) they introduced the interactive CoverGirl Capitol Beauty Studio which showcases 12 very unique looks for the 12 Districts of the Hunger Games. I decided to recreate the look from Katniss's very own District 12: Mining. 

I used the photos and videos from CoverGirl's Capitol Beauty Studio to give me a better understanding on how to recreate the look, however, it obviously didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted it to! Although it was fun to see the quick video tutorial, face charts, before/after, and time lapse of the model's look for each District. 

covergirl capitol catching fire makeup look district 12

The products used for all the different looks can be viewed in depth on their website, you can see District 12's here. I didn't have 2 of the eye products used for this look so I compromised and used products I already had at home.

I changed the look up a bit and added yellow eyeshadow not only to the inner corners but to the lid as well. The products I used are pictured below although I forgot to include CoverGirl's Ink It! in Black Ink*, which I used as a base for the upper lid.


Eyes
- Apply CoverGirl Ink It! in Black Ink* (black pencil liner) to entire upper lid, defining it near the brow.
- Go over this by packing on 'Crave' (matte black) from Naked Basics Palette to the upper lid.
- Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk as base for inner corners and eyelid (only where I apply the yellow)
- Add a bright yellow shadow (I used my Coastal Scents 252 Palette) to the inner corners and a little bit to the lid if you please.
- Mac Print Eyeshadow (greyish black) to blend the black and yellow shadows.
- Line outer corner of upper lash line with Cailyn Gel Liner in Black.
- Maybelline Rocket Volum Waterproof Mascara for lashes.

Face
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily Skin in Buff all over face.
- Yaby Concealer in Buff to lighten brows (didn't work too well :p)
- CoverGirl Clean Glow in Spices* as a bronzer.
- Nars Orgasm for blush.
- Hard Candy All Glossed Up Lip Stain in Chic on lips.

capitol covergirl catching fire makeup look recreation district 12

What do you think of my recreated look? I'd love to see your looks as well! From any of the 12 Districts on CoverGirl's Capitol Beauty Studio or from the movie itself.

Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own. #CapitolCOVERGIRL
Products marked with an asterisk* were received for review.