Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara Review

maybelline rocket volum volume express waterproof mascara review
maybelline rocket volum volume express waterproof mascara review

I've devoted my eyelashes to this mascara for more than half a year and I think it's time I share my thoughts on it! Many people had said they don't particularly like it, but I took the plunge and bought it anyway (twice, this is my second tube). The packaging claims 'explosive volume from root to tip and 6X clump free volume.

For reference: My lashes are straight, sparse, thin, and long.

I don't see 6X the volume but I do notice it lengthens my lashes with minimal clumping.The brush has plastic bristles which I find to work best with my thin lashes. It also doesn't pull out too much product making it easy to start light and build volume if you desire! My lashes are straight and thin and I find the formula to be less wet than other mascaras and slightly more sticky. In return this helps stick to my lashes and hold the curl. I haven't noticed a problem with it transferring to my lower lashline, and I've never seen it flake off.

The brush and formula is comparable to CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara, however, my lashes have thinned down and I find Maybelline's Rocket Volum to work better. The CoverGirl formula is wetter and the brush is a little too larger.

Bare lashes; curled

maybelline rocket volum volume express waterproof mascara review example worn
Lashes with a few coats of Maybelline Rocket Volum Express Waterproof: 411 Very Black

If applied properly, minimal clumping can be achieved. I like to wiggle the brush around at the root just a bit, then apply less pressure while reaching the tip so my lashes won't weigh down. It's hard for me to find a mascara that holds a curl (those with straight lashes.. I know you feel me!) but I think this does a good job. It really minimizes the need for me to wear too much eyeliner and adds depth to my eyes. I don't think it gives a natural effect but It works well and is suitable for me. However, I won't say it is a HG product as I don't have experience with too many other mascaras and would like to try some more first!

Find it at your local drugstore, Walmart, Ulta (US).

Have you tried Maybelline's Rocket Volum? Was it the waterproof or regular formula? What are your views on it?