Jurlique Nourishing Cleansing Oil & Herbal Recovery Advanced Eye Serum

jurlique nourishing cleansing oil and herbal recovery advanced eye serum review

Jurlique is a natural skin care brand that has been in the works for over 25 years. An Australian company that focuses on healthy, organic and natural ingredients. They actively give back to the environment and work to reduce and reuse as much as they can. I have here the Purely Age-Defying Nourishing Cleansing Oil and Herbal Recovery Advanced Eye Serum. Cleansing oils are quite new to me but so far I've had great experiences with the ones I've tried. They are so essential to a routine especially if you like to wear a lot of makeup and are constantly removing and re-applying. 

jurlique purely age defying nourishing cleansing oil review
jurlique purely age defying nourishing cleansing oil review
Jurlique Purely Age-Defying Nourishing Cleansing Oil (200ml) $38 usd

Jurlique's Nourishing Cleansing Oil contains so many potent and beneficial ingredients to 'replenish, nourish, and smooth appearance of visible lines and wrinkles". Some key ingredients include Licorice Root Extract, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, xSafflower Oil, Caster Seed Oil, Beach Tree Bud, Vit. E. Full ingredients list below. This is artificial ingredient free, so no mineral oil, sulfates, silicones, parabens!

This cleansing oil feels so soothing when it touches my face. Especially if using a makeup remover beforehand, this will be such a treat for the skin. My skin does not feel dry afterwards nor does it feel oily. I do prefer to use this at night because it is a cleansing oil (it just doesn't feel right to use in the morning, does it??) and it is a bit pricey so I want it to last. It did not break me out at all, and I was worried about this because I have had this problem in the past with natural skincare.

It does effectively remove my makeup (foundation, eyeshadow/liner) however it did have trouble removing my waterproof mascara. To be fair, it seems most cleansing oils cannot easily do this so I prefer to remove my mascara with an oil-based remover beforehand. I do double cleanse if wearing a heavier face of makeup (Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, for example) but when I don't have to I won't. I love the soft feeling this leaves on your skin. It won't dry my skin out afterwards and has so many power ingredients. I do not notice any line or wrinkle smoothing however.

INGREDIENTS
Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ricinus communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Polyglyceryl-2 Oleate, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Water, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Oleate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Ribes nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Sesamum indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Limnanthes alba (Meadowfoam) Leaf Extract Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Fagus sylvatica Bud Extract, Betula alba Leaf Extract, Sambucus nigra Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Fragrance, Squalane, Tocopherol, Bisabolol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Limonene*, Linalool*.

jurlique herbal recovery advanced eye serum review
jurlique herbal recovery advanced eye serum review
Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Eye Serum (15ml) $48 usd

This is a nicely scented serum with a light-weight texture. Designed to "help reduce signs of fatigue, combat fine lines, dehydration, dullness, and protect". Containing NaturevivePB18+, a blend of 18+ botanical extracts, essential fatty acids and vitamins to help combat aging. There are many beneficial ingredients such as Black Elder to reduce appearance of redness and soften, Calendula to soothe skin, Echinacea to help rebalance oiliness, Rosemary with skin restorative properties.

There are 3 "Active" Ingredients to energise. Wu-Zhu-Yu botanical to improve skin vitality and radiance, Persian Silk to protect from environmental aggressors and improve appearance of dark circles, and Sacchromyces Cerevisiae to prevent moisture loss. 

The bottle is so cute, it is made of glass and has a weight to it. It comes with a pump and just feels very luxurious. The texture of the serum totally reminds me of my favourite, Estee Lauder Advanced Eye Repair Night Serum (reviewed here). I feel like I am getting quite similar results with this serum, and I would definitely consider is as a slightly less pricey alternative. I enjoy wearing this at night and it works well before makeup application as well. It feels so hydrating and refreshing on the skin, I often don't even bother to add a primer on top. It doesn't feel sticky or too thick, it is perfect for everyday use. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to help with my dark circles but it does hydrate and smooth out my under eye area very well. 

INGREDIENTS 
Aqua (Water), Propanediol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Silica, Ribes nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Limnanthes alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Albizia julibrissin Bark Extract, Foeniculum vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract, Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Althaea officinalis Root Extract, Spilanthes acmella Flower Extract, Rosa gallica Flower Extract, Calendula officinalis Flower Extract, Stellaria media (Chickweed) Extract, Echinacea purpurea Extract, Viola tricolor Extract, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract, Lavandula angustifolia Flower Extract, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary ) Leaf Extract, Taraxacum officinale Extract, Sambucus nigra Flower Extract, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Arnica montana Flower Extract, Panax ginseng Root Extract, Euphrasia officinalis Extract, Evodia rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Lithospermum erythrorhizon Root Extract, Saccharomyces cerevisiae Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Lysolecithin, Sclerotium Gum, Squalane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Xanthan Gum, Pullulan, Totarol, Tocopherol, Fragrance/Parfum*, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenethyl Alcohol, SD Alcohol 40-A (Alcohol Denat.), Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citronellol*. *From Natural Essential Oil 

After having great experience with these 2 from Jurlique, I definitely would purchase these products once finished, and I want to look into other products from the brand. The Cleansing Oil is a bit pricey for me but I can justify purchasing the Eye Serum for sure. I feel like I can strongly support the brand knowing how environmentally friendly and 'green' they are, and how beneficial the ingredients in their products are for the skin.Take a look at the Jurlique Story to learn a bit about the background of the brand. Would you dish out $$ for a natural cleansing oil? Do you regularly use an eye serum?

These products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.