Colgate Optic White: Toothbrush + Built-In Whitening Pen & Mouthwash

colgate optic white whitening toothbrush built in whitening pen and mouthwash review

A bit of a different review for y'all today! I recently agreed to receive some newly launched whitening products from Colgate, their Optic White Toothbrush + Built-in Whitening Pen and an Optic White Whiteseal Mouthwash to go along with it. Both claim to contain a small amount of hydrogen peroxide, which is the whitening agent typically used in this type of product. 

colgate optic white whitening toothbrush built in whitening pen and mouthwash review
colgate optic white whitening toothbrush built in whitening pen and mouthwash review
colgate optic white whitening toothbrush built in whitening pen and mouthwash review

Colgate Optic White Toothbrush + Built-In Whitening Pen: 
$16.99 cad

This toothbrush is the 'soft' bristles (which could definitely be softer), and the whitening pen pops out the bottom for use. To be honest at first I thought the whitening product was like, in the bristles or something and would explode when you brushed your teeth (is that silly...). 

So I would apply the gel right after brushing my teeth, at night only, and I felt like I had to keep my jaw clenched with my teeth showing for a few minutes while the gel dried a bit. Even then I could still taste it a bit, and it just wasn't pleasant for me to go to sleep. The hydrogen peroxide is very minimal but you can definitely tell it's there. To be honest, I just don't like the idea of having to use this regularly, I just want to brush and be done!

Results? I do see that it's lifted a bit of the yellow staining on my teeth, but not as drastically as I'd hoped. And not to mention, I'd used the whitening pen at least a week and a half in total. It just started to feel like a tedious task to me and I ended up getting lazy.

I didn't know this until after reading some fine print, but it's actually recommend to use the Optic White Sparkling Mint toothpaste before using the whitening pen. After trying it twice I do think that the whitening pen is most effective when used with the mouthwash as well. And maybe I would have seen more results if I used the Optic White toothpaste? This may work better for some but regardless I just prefer to use a whitening product with quicker results.

colgate optic white whitening toothbrush built in whitening pen and mouthwash review

Colgate Optic White Whiteseal Mouthwash:
$5.38 for 250ml, $8.63 for 1L

So this new mouthwash contains hydrogen peroxide as well, 2% to be exact. You are supposed to use this before the whitening pen and after brushing your teeth. It leaves a film in your mouth which when used with the whitening pen will likely create a better result. But I just didn't like the film this left in the mouth and the taste! It tastes very chemically, with a bit of a minty sting to it and I just can't stand it. I prefer Colgate's other mouthwashes over this one.

I am a huge fan of Colgate's toothpastes (it's all I will use!) and their toothbrushes, but I couldn't see myself purchasing these products. The whitening pen just didn't give me drastic results as I'd hope, and the mouthwash...well I don't like it! I'd like to see them bring out an actual whitening kit or strips, something where you can see noticeable results. I'd stick to their Optic White toothpastes, if you want to try something from the line.

Have you tried anything from Colgate's Optic White line? Are you a fan of their toothpastes too and would you try their new whitening pen?

Both of these products were received for consideration from Colgate-Palmolive. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.