Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade & Brow Wiz Review

anastasia dipbrow pomade and brow wiz in chocolate review

If you've heard of Anastasia Beverly Hills, you have to have heard of her ever so popular brow products! Dipbrow Pomade and Brow Wiz are probably the most talked about brow products you can find in Sephora. A little while back, I actually picked up the Dipbrow in Chocolate. I wasn't interested in the Brow Wiz originally, but shortly after I was given another Dipbrow and the Brow Wiz from Anastasia Soare herself at a small event! I am so obsessed with using these products on my brows and might not be able to go a day without at least one of them!

anastasia dipbrow pomade and brow wiz in chocolate review
anastasia dipbrow pomade and brow wiz in chocolate review

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate - 4g, $23 cad

I apologize for the ugly pictures but I failed to take a photo before using this stuff. It's literally my favourite brow product ever! I can't go a day without this. It is basically a gel liner for your brows. So creamy, easy to work with, and super super pigmented. It doesn't claim to be waterproof but this amazing stuff lasts all day! I've worn it on days where its blistering hot and it just doesn't budge. I use any thin angled liner brush to apply it. I think I've been using mine for almost a year and was surprised it has lasted this long. A little goes a long way with this stuff and I am cautious not to pick up too much product. As you can see in the first shot, mine actually started to get really dry so I mixed a drop of Argan Oil in the pot and this stuff is as good as new now!

This does takes practise though. I have literally had days where I tried to do my brows quickly, and totally effed it all up. You have to remember to use a light hand with Dipbrow. This stuff is definitely not ideal if you've only got a minute to do your brows and in that case I'd play it safe and just pencil on some Brow Wiz. There are about 11 shades in the range and none of them are out of the ordinary, so there is definitely going to be something to suit every brow colour. 

anastasia dipbrow pomade and brow wiz in chocolate review

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Chocolate - 0.085g, $27 cad

Although these are named the same shade, this Brow Wiz is slightly lighter in colour than the Dipbrow (see below!). It took me a while to get used to using this but I've been using it everyday lately, alongside the Dipbrow. I use this to outline the shape of my brow because it is very foolproof, which my Dipbrow is not! It just goes on so smoothly. I can use a light hand to make a thinner light line, or apply more pressure to get a slightly darker line. If you make a mistake, you can wipe it a bit to diffuse or erase your mistake, or you can even use the spoolie on the other end to blend your work. The only downside of this product is the $27 price tag! I don't know if I could justify purchasing this.. but I am really contemplating it (maybe when Sephora has a discount shopping event!) 

This does last a little longer for me because I am only using this to outline the shape of the brow I want, and usually colouring in with the Dipbrow Pomade.

anastasia dipbrow pomade and brow wiz in chocolate review swatches

To tell you the truth, everytime I tried to take a shot of me wearing the Dipbrow and Brow Wiz, I just didn't like the photo. But in all the shots below I've been wearing the Anastasia Dipbrow while Brow Wiz was usually used to define the line. 

anastasia dipbrow pomade and brow wiz in chocolate worn
anastasia dipbrow pomade and brow wiz in chocolate worn
anastasia dipbrow pomade and brow wiz in chocolate worn

Overall, I would 100% purchase the Dipbrow again, but I would really have to think about splurging on the Brow Wiz! They are both super great products but there are a lot of brow pencils/crayons out there that also work well (ugh, but then again they are not as easy to apply as this one....but they are good for their lower price). I hope mine lasts a little while longer so I don't have to think about that anytime soon!

One of these products were received for consideration. I purchased the Dipbrow myself but also received a second one that wasn't my colour (not seen here). All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.