Aveeno Ultra-Calming Makeup Removing Wipes Review

aveeno ultra calming makeup removing wipes review
aveeno ultra calming makeup removing wipes review

I wasn't too fond of makeup removing wipes in the past. I found wipes to be too rough on my skin, and felt more comfortable using a cleanser to remove my makeup. But since buying a new cleanser that doesn't completely remove my makeup, I decided to give these convenient Aveeno Ultra-Calming Makeup Removing Wipes a try.

The package consists of 25 wipes for roughly $9.50 at a Canadian Walmart which equals out to $0.38 per wipe. I'm assuming this is a pretty standard price for a package of wipes. You can find them for more or less depending on your store or country. The wipes claim to be oil-free, non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested, and ophthalmologist tested! "They are soft enough for dry, sensitive skin, and will remove dirt, oil, and make-up including mascara while leaving your skin feeling soothed." They also contain an ingredient called Calming Feverfew, which is apparently related to Chamomile and is said to reduce the appearance of redness and calm sensitive skin.

I have both dry and sensitive skin and I found these wipes to be perfect for me. They do not dry out my skin and does effectively remove my foundation, even eyeshadow at the end of the day. They do not remove my waterproof mascara but I typically use an oil-based eye makeup remover for my eyes. The wipes aren't the softest ever, I originally stated they were soft but I have to say, they are a bit rough if you have gentle skin. When I first used these, my face felt a little warm, but with the continuous use I don't notice this anymore, so I'm unsure of what this was. Either way, they did not break me out or cause any reaction. I did notice a slight reduction in redness in my complexion overall, but I changed my whole routine so I'm unsure of what product is helping with this! They are scented which is a downside for me, but the scent is a bit..flowery and I don't mind it at all. HOWEVER, please take note that the ingredient, feverfew, is related to ragweed and could cause similar allergic reactions if you have an allergy to ragweed.

I love the packaging of these wipes. It comes with a recloseable plastic lid rather than a sticker and I think this is what keeps them so moisturized. They have yet to dry out on me, but then again I use them up fairly quickly. I will probably continue to buy these wipes, but I would like to try other brands as well. This is actually my second package of them!

Have you tried Aveeno wipes, or anything Aveeno? What is your favourite Aveeno product?