Beach Day Essentials

beach bag day beauty esssentials

It's not often that I take a trip to the beach.. I'm much rather into the adrenaline rush of riding around on the back of a motorcycle (or my own, one day soon). Also it's not like I have a choice in the matter.. my bf will not give up a sunny day of riding to go to the beach! I do however, have a few (okay more than a few) essentials that I have in mind for a full day's trip to the beach! Sometimes you just want to bring your entire makeup collection, but you know you will never get a chance in the day to even use it all.
Here are some of the things I NEED to bring on a trip to the beach, just "incase", or I will end up regretting it if I don't...

beach bag day beauty esssentials


ACCESSORIES
Bikini
Well, duh! To be honest, I have actually forgotten to bring a bikini before, and it sucks having to buy an expensive (and usually ugly) one down at the beach or a shop nearby. Don't forget the towel too!
F21 Bikini Top (Summer 2014), F21 Floral Bottoms (Last Season, Summer 2013)

Cheap Pair of Sunnies
I picked these Prada lookalikes up on eBay for about $3 with shipping. Of course took a month to get here but it was well worth it! Affordable sunnies are great to bring to the beach because you don't have to worry about misplacing them, getting them stolen, or sitting on them!
eBay Baroque Sunglasses

Compact Hair Brush
How tangled my hair gets when I can't brush it or maintain it during a day outside is ridiculous. This one was from a beauty box last year but any compact brush will do as long as you are gentle with combing through your hair.
Beauty Box 5 Compact Brush




BODY
Sunscreen
No sunscreen in your bag... you might as well just go home! The importance of sunscreen cannot be stressed enough by everyone. Protecting yourself from UVA+B rays will not only help prevent signs of aging, it will help reduce risk of skin cancer. If you hate applying it, you're not alone.. buy a mist or spray. Vichy's Capital Soleil is light and easy to apply, feels very comfortable and non-sticky on the skin.
Vichy Capital Soleil Invisible Mist SPF30*

Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant 
I wear a lot of black and white, so it's ideal for me to use a deodorant or anti-perspirant that prevents white marks or yellow staining. Especially in the summer, when a lot of skin is exposed. Nivea's Roll-On Anti-Perspirant is clear so you don't have to worry about white marks on your clothes, and is also supposed to prevent yellow staining.
Nivea Invisible For Black & White Roll-On Anti-Perspirant

Bug Repellent
I'm a bug and mosquito magnet, so I always need to remember to carry around bug spray. I once was bitten 6 times on one foot within the span of a minute.. at 1pm! I swelled up and had a hard time walking for days! I found out the hard way that these blood suckers don't just come out at night like I thought.. OFF Smooth & Dry Repellent has a powdery texture and a pleasant scent so it is comfortable to wear all day long, but unfortunately runs out quickly.
OFF Smooth & Dry Insect Repellent Spray

Hair & Body Mist
The Be Delectable line of Hair & Body Mists (avail. at Target) have very minimal ingredients, with no parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, petrolatum, etc, is made in Canada, and is safe for both the body and hair. Being in the water all day will wash out your favourite shampoo and body wash scent, so you might need a refresher!
Be Delectable by Cake Hair & Body Mist in 'Coconut & Cream'




EYES
Waterproof Mascara
Because even though it's waterproof, all day in the water (or even worse, sweat) can fade your mascara application. I like to bring a backup just incase I need to reapply for the evening.
Maybelline Rocket Volum Waterproof Mascara

Eyeshadow Palette + Brushes
A small and compact eyeshadow palette will be light and small enough that it doesn't take up too much space. It might come in handy if you are planning on a night out afterwards and aren't going home. This Annabelle Quad has neutral colours that are very useable, especially when only carrying 2 brushes: one to apply colour and one to blend.
Annabelle Eyeshadow Quad in Chai Chai Chai*
Sigma E25 Blending Brush, Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush



FACE
Light Foundation
A light foundation for covering up red spots while protecting the skin from UV rays is a necessity for the beach. I can't go without foundation, and don't like to wear SPF underneath, so I may as well use something that incorporates them together!
Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup SPF15 in Light 100*

Concealer
A tiny concealer, like this Yaby Refill in Buff, is super compact and because of it's creamy texture it can be applied with just a finger! Great for touching up under the eyes, or red spots.
Yaby Concealer in Buff

Contour Colour
A contour cream pigment can be applied with fingers to the hollows of your cheeks and to contour the nose. This will give a contoured effect and will look just as good as bronzer, but you won't need to carry around the brush.
Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow

Lip Balm
Your lips can burn too, so a lip balm with SPF will help to prevent chapping and burns. The higher the SPF the better!
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF15

Oil Blotting Sheets
I tend to get really oily throughout a day in the sun. Oil blotting sheets are light and super handy for blotting areas that you don't want to shine.
Jean Pierre Cosmetics Oil-Absorbing Facial Tissues


Yes, I will bring all of this stuff with me on a full day trip to the beach! It seems like a lot, but as long as you are not travelling by bus, it is all easy to bring along. 
What is essential for you to bring to the beach?