Soap & Glory Heel Genius Review

soap and glory heel genius review

Soap and Glory Heel Genius: Amazing Foot Cream is a saviour for those with dry feet in need of moisture. It comes across as one of those gimmicky and overpriced foot creams that don't work because of it's fun packaging, but it works to add moisture and even gives your feet a 'cool and revived' feeling.

This foot cream claims to renovate your rough feet and cuticles overnight, containing "allantoin, glycerin, macadamia oil, menthol, bilberry, and orange and lemon fruit acid smoothers". Instructions are to massage over clean feet every night (or whenever you remember) and wear cotton socks overtop (but you don't have to, I hate socks in bed!). I've always had problems with my feet being too rough or dry, so I was happy to be able to try this out and make a smooth transition into summer.

The order of ingredients slightly differ from the US version (which is all I could find online), but the majority of ingredients are the same: 
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Urea, Allantoin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Acer Saccharinum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Menthyl Lactate, Menthol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Geraniol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

soap and glory heel genius review

After testing Heel Genius for weeks and even getting my grandpa to try it out, we both agree that it is very moisturizing and love that it has menthol and gives your feet that cooling feeling when applied.  Can you believe that my grandpa said he liked it and wanted one of his own? :p But it did take me a little while to love! I wasn't in love with the scent or the thick texture, and I found it took a little while than I wanted to absorb into the skin. It is slippery upon application and my feet instantly look and feel moisturized. I'd recommend giving them a bit of time to dry if you are applying them in the morning, but at night I just hop right into bed and apply it before sleeping. The scent was a little weird to me, like... flowers and clay mixed together, or maybe it's just the light green colour that makes me think of clay :p Regardless I didn't really like it at first but scent isn't an important factor to me and I have gotten used to it.

This cream would be ideal for colder and drier months, but the cooling effect makes it easy to use during the hot summer months as well. As I said it is slippery, but I wouldn't say greasy. It just does not absorb instantly so you will still feel it on your feet for a bit afterwards. It is thick so I wouldn't use it on any other part of my body besides dry spots like elbows or knees.

soap and glory heel genius review

Soap & Glory Heel Genius is a little expensive for a foot cream at $18 USD for 125ml/4.2oz but you don't need much for each application so it should last you longer than you think. It does have beneficial ingredients and extracts which is great for those who are skeptical about products that don't contain anything good for the skin. I have been using it everyday for a month or so now and the tube still feels quite full. I would definitely recommend this for anyone with dry or chapped feet that need moisturizing, don't mind the clay-flower scent, and want to improve the look of their feet for the summer days!

I received this great foot cream for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.