Sigma Beauty: E25, E35, E70 Eye Brushes Review

sigma beauty e25 e35 e70 tapered blending medium angled shading brush review

Let's start the first review of the new year with a positive review of a few brushes I haven't been able to put down! These 3 Sigma Beauty brushes are actually the only Sigma brushes I own, but so far, they are some of my favourite eye brushes. I purchased my first Sigma brush through FTB Beauty (the E25), and the other 2 were sent to me from Obsessed Canada (an extension of NailPolishCanada). A review of these brushes seems to have slipped through but now I'm finally able to share my thoughts on them. 

sigma beauty e25 e35 e70 tapered blending medium angled shading brush review
sigma beauty e25 e35 e70 tapered blending medium angled shading brush review
E25, E35, E70

Two of the brushes pictured here are quite similar, can you guess which ones? (the bristles are both almost invisible in the picture above). I'm talking about the E25 and E35 if you haven't gotten the hint! I found these brushes to both work, and look quite similarly.

Both the E25 and E35 are blending brushes, to be specific, the E25 is just a Blending Brush while the E35 is called a Tapered Blending Brush. The difference? The E35 has longer bristles. They feel softer and easier to glide along the skin to blend out any harsh lines. Whereas the E25 allows for 'controlled blending' and targets a smaller spot because of the smaller brush size and slightly denser bristles.

If you are a daily eyeshadow user, you probably will feel inclined to get both the E25 and 35 no matter what I say.. so I say go for it! It is totally worth it because you will definitely end up using both. However, if you don't blend a lot, I'd say one or the other is fine. E25 may be best for smaller eyes and lids, whereas E35 is a bit of a larger brush and I find it to be less precise and better for all-around blending, and diffusing any harsh colours.

Sorry E70! I left you out. The E70 is the Medium Angled Shading Brush. It is an angled brush that is used to softly blend shadow onto the lid. I find it works best for applying shadow to the lid, not so much blending it in. It is great for when you are trying to get quick, yet not too intense, colour on the lid. I usually use it to add some darker brown/blacks in the outer corners of my eyelids.

sigma beauty e25 e35 e70 tapered blending medium angled shading brush review
sigma beauty e25 e35 e70 tapered blending medium angled shading brush review
Closeups of the bristles

The E70 is probably the most dense, with the E25 then E35 coming in last of the 3. I didn't mention this before because I figure everyone knows this (sorry those who don't <3) but Sigma is known for their soft brushes, and these brushes are soft! This and the gorgeous white shade of the blending brushes are why I cannot restrain myself from using them and I do recommend them (although, I wish we had US pricing..) These brushes are roughly $14-16 USD on Sigma's website however they are priced slightly higher in Canada (what isn't?) and the prices might vary.

All 3 of these brushes actually come in a gold and copper version for a slightly higher price (can be seen on the Sigma website), although I doubt they're available in Canada (we never have anything..boo). Canadians can order from Sigma's website directly although there are shipping charges + potential duties so I'd play it safe and order from a Canadian website.

You can find a pretty decent, if not full, collection of the Sigma brushes on ObsessedCanada.com that are offered in sets or individually. This is probably your best bet with the best selection of Sigma in Canada, with free shipping over $25 (I'm sure you won't have a problem spending more than that).

2/3 of these products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.