Make Up For Ever Artist Rouge Lipsticks (Swatches & Thoughts)

make up for ever artist rouge lipsticks review and swatches

Make Up For Ever relaunched their lipstick collection, as the new Artist Rouge Lipsticks, offered in 45 shades and a new packaging. The shade range consists of 31 creme shades and 14 mattes, all with high colour payoff, of course. I received here, 6 different shades to test out and boy are they something else!

Of course, I would never find myself choosing these specific shades in store, but I did find the little collection that was put together for me very cute. Out of the 6 shades, they are all definitely very different from each other.

make up for ever artist rouge lipsticks review and swatches

A little bit more about the lipsticks before showing you the swatches... the packaging is new and has a heavy, cold, and luxurious feel to it. The bullet itself has Make Up For Ever etched into it but with the cap closed it is quite incognito! The packaging isn't my favourite, I prefer something with a bit of colour or design, but it has a very expensive feel to it.

All of the lipsticks are designed to provide intense pigmentation, while being creamy and hydrating enough on the lips.

make up for ever artist rouge lipsticks review and swatches
From L to R:  C105,  C211,  M401,  C502,  C603,  C506

make up for ever artist rouge lipsticks review and swatches C105 grege beige
C105 - a pale peachy nude

make up for ever artist rouge lipsticks review and swatches C211 rose wood
C211 - a universal, good on all skintones rose mauve

make up for ever artist rouge lipsticks review and swatches M401 hot red icona pop
M401 - a matte true red

make up for ever artist rouge lipsticks review and swatches c502 taupe violet
C502 - a taupe lavender

make up for ever artist rouge lipsticks review and swatches C603 icona pop
 C603 - a vampy midnight blue

make up for ever artist rouge lipsticks review and swatches c506 dark plum wine
C506 - a dark wine plum

Overall, I think the only 2 shades I will end up wearing is the first two, the most neutral, C105 (a pale peach nude) and C211 (a universal rose mauve). M401 has my favourite type of finish, matte, but as much as I love red lips I don't often rock it (I'm a pretty messy eater..). The lipsticks wore for a lengthy period of the day, I'd say you can go half a day without applying. I had a huge meal with C502 (the taupe lavender shade) on and although I did have to re-apply after, I was impressed with how well it stayed. The lipsticks are creamy and feel comfortable on the lips, I had no complaints and most lipsticks end up drying out my lips. My only dislike was that the lipstick doesn't dry because it is so creamy and moisturizing, so it can be a pain if you want something that you won't feel.

If you are looking for fun, colourful lipsticks, Make Up For Ever is definitely the way to go, as they have so many bright and different shades that you would never think to use as a lipstick! On top of this they have some amazing neutrals.

The Artist Rouge Lipsticks are $27 CAD each and available across Canada at Sephora stores and online.

These products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.