July 2013 Favourites


It's been a while since I've done a favourites post.. eek! But I finally remembered to do one for the month of July! I've been busy finding a job, debating whether to change my major in college, and figuring out what I really want to do in life! I know you all can relate.. it's a huge and difficult decision to make. I don't know if many of you know, but I have anxiety (which I sometimes think is social anxiety) and I overthink things and situations ALOT... and it always makes things like this so much more complicated for me. Maybe in the future sometime, I will be able to do a post on that. I don't post much about my personal life on here.. but I am thinking of doing that a little more now. I think it helps connect bloggers, and I really enjoy being able to relate to other bloggers when I see personal blog posts, or personal photos.

Also... I have been thinking of doing a giveaway for sooo long, to celebrate 100 followers on GFC and Bloglovin (yay!). I just can't decide on what to give away :( Please give me some suggestions below on what to give away to my readers and I just might pick it up for the weekend!

Real Techniques Powder Brush: This brush is the perfect size for powdering the face with mineral foundation or a translucent powder! It isn't too small but it isn't too big that it overwhelms your face, and it gives you more control than a larger brush.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush: I've been obsessed with this brush! I was applying concealer with it, I use it to blend out under eye concealer, and lately I've been using it to apply my Coola Tinted Moisturizer: I can't tell if this moisturizer/sunscreen is breaking me out but it is suppose to be hypoallergenic. I really do like it and I hope this is not what is causing my breakouts lately. It gives me a slightly darker tint than my skintone, but I think it makes me look a little more sun-kissed!

ModelCo Lip Pencil in Pomegranate: I've been using this lip pencil alot lately to line my lips, and then I fill them in with a slightly lighter colour/tint, which in my case is my Mereadesso Lip Treat in Sheer Pink. I did that in my look here although it doesn't look the greatest because I was in a rush! I think these two together add the perfect amount of natural looking colour on my lips, and isn't noticeable when it starts to fade.

The Wet Brush: This brush is designed to allow easy brushing of the hair whether it is wet or dry! It really does feel nice on wet hair and doesn't tangle like my previous brush did. I picked this up on a trip to Buffalo, I don't think they have it here in Canada yet, but I really would suggest picking one up if you have easily tangled hair and you hate brushing it.

Be Delectable Coconut & Cream Hair & Body Mist: I picked up this 'exclusive to Target' body spray made by Cake Beauty! I'm sure many of you have heard about these affordable, deliciously scented body sprays. It really does have a yummy smelling coconut and cream scent, it's very refreshing. It smells like something I would spray all over me at the beach.

Fromm Eyebrow Shaper: I got a pack of 3 of these from Buffalo. They come in quite handy I must say. Great for cleaning up stray hairs around the brow and I've also used them for a quick fix around my bikini line and underarms, since I do wax my underarms and sometimes I don't have the time to wax and pluck and just need a quick fix!

Yaby Concealer in Buff: I've been using this as a temporary concealer, while still trying to find that HG concealer. It matches my skin perfectly and definitely covers blemishes very well. I just find it a bit too creamy for my liking.

Cailyn Gel Liner in Black: I got this in my Wantable box a few months ago. I haven't used any other liner since. I find it comparable to my L'oreal Gel Liner only the black is less harsh, and it is much easier to take off when removing my makeup!

Loreal 'the touche magique' True Match Illuminating Concealer: I was recommended to try this concealer by a fellow blogger and I really do like it! I use it more for highlighting rather than concealing. But I hate the click pen!

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk: I'm so glad I gave in and bought this! I use it for under the brow, inner corners of my eyes, and it is perfect as a base for any eyeshadow colour! Unfortunately they are almost always sold out in drugstores.

I had to add some extras in here! I'm obsessed with these Ice Breakers Duo Fruity+Cool Mints! I hate boring, regular mints.. they make me feel like I'm brushing my teeth. These are the perfect amount of fruitiness and mintyness :p I have been buying them nonstop since I discovered them!

I also wanted to share my newest bag :) It's from Zara and is called the Bowling Bag with Studs at the Sides (creative, I know!). It was marked down from $130 to $60 and I've been eyeing it since I saw a fashion blogger pair it with a few outfits. It supposedly is 100% cow leather and comes with a hand strap and a shoulder strap. It is a bit heavier than most bags but I love it and can't stop carrying it.. even if it doesn't match my outfit!

Do you use any of these products that I've been loving? What have you been loving? I'd love to see your favourites or empties posts for the month of July! Link them in the comments!