Canadian Olympic Fan-icure


Although the 2014 Winter Olympics are coming to an end, it is never too late to show your pride for being Canadian! To show mine, I've attempted a Canadian manicure- or shall we say fan-icure inspired by Tessa Virtue, an olympic figure skating gold medallist for Canada, and CoverGirl.

Tessa Virtue & CoverGirl recommend to place a piece of scotch tape over your smartphone and trace out the Canadian flag, cut it, then place it on the center of your nail and paint around it. Now, I don't know how successful this would work out, so I'd suggest to just draw the flag freehanded! A very thin brush or dotting tool, or better yet a nail art pen would be ideal.

CoverGirl Outlast Nail Gloss in Golden Opportunity, CoverGirl Outlast Nail Gloss in Ever Reddy, Sally Hansen 'I Heart Nail Art' Pen in White, (Not Pictured) Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Clearly Quick

Steps I Used to Achieve the Olympic Fan-icure
Step 1: Apply 2 coats of CoverGirl Outlast Nail Gloss in 'Ever Reddy' to all the nails except the ring finger. Apply 2 coats of CoverGirl 'Golden Opportunity' on that nail.
Step 2: Look up an image of a Canadian flag for reference, and use a nail art pen to draw it out, either freehand or with a guide. I used Sally Hansen's I Heart Nail Art Pen in White (yes, I know the leaf is suppose to be red).
Step 3: Finish off with a clear top coat. I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dry.

A top coat is mandatory when using this nail art pen! I washed my hands when it had dried but still noticed a lot of the colour had faded off, so I had to go over the leaf one more time. Once I applied the top coat, there was no more fading! Ok sorry my nail art isn't perfect... I am no nail art expert, but I tried!

Congrats on Tessa and her partner for winning a Silver medal in their Ice Dance, and I wish the best of luck for the remaining competitors in the 2014 Winter Olympics! 
Do you watch the Olympics? What is your favourite sport to watch, or ever dream to compete in?

Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions in this post are 100% my own!