Vichy Aqualia Thermal in 'Light' Review

vichy aqualia thermal in light moisturizer 48 hour hydration review

This product now has been revamped with a tweaked formula! See my review on the new formula here: Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Cream Review

I was introduced to this product shortly after my aunt received a consultation at Shoppers Drug Mart, and was given a bunch of samples suited for her skin type. She received samples of this moisturizer in 'Rich' and I began to test it out. I found it to really hydrate my skin overnight, although it wasn't suitable for daytime wear, underneath makeup. So my aunt went and picked me up the full-size in 'Light', which is a bit thinner, and can be worn underneath makeup without looking greasy.

Vichy claims up to 48-hour hydration, even for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic, contains soothing and fortifying Vichy Thermal Spa Water, paraben free, and non comedogenic.

I was very concerned about breaking out but after using this moisturizer for a few months, I did not have any severe breakout. However, I feel like rather than sinking into my skin, it sits on top of it. Another concern I have is that it contains dimethicone as well as alcohol and perfume. These are ingredients I would like to avoid in skincare products. I do find that sometimes when I apply the cream to my face, there is a slight burn on my cheeks in the areas where I have redness. A downfall in terms of packaging is the heavy glass jar that it comes in. I feel a bit unsanitary sticking my finger in the jar twice a day, and It would be nice if it came with a pump.

I haven't seen any other benefits from using this other than that it does what it says, and does not break me out. I hope that Vichy will look into alcohol and perfume free moisturizers in the future. If you are struggling with moisturizers breaking you out, especially those with natural ingredients, and are not sensitive to alcohol or scented products, then I would suggest giving this a try! You might be able to get your hands on a few free samples at your local drugstore, however, due to the high price, you might also be able to find a similar product for a more affordable cost.

Ingredients: "Aqua, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Alcohol Denat, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Pentylene Glycol, Stearyl Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Synthetic Wax, Glyceryl Isostearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate / Steareth-8 Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Edta, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Acrylates Copolymer, Parfum"

This product now has been revamped with a tweaked formula! See my review on the new formula here: Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Cream Review