Co Lab Dry Shampoo Review

colab dry shampoo rio london review canada

I had no idea about the release of this new dry shampoo until it arrived at my doorstep. Of course I was excited, because although I love my Batiste, it does have its flaws. We are always trying to find something better than what we have, right?

COLAB Dry Shampoo is a new dry shampoo created by Ruth Crilly, a model whom many of you may know as A Model Recommends. I personally, have heard of her blog/website and have visited it a few times, but had no idea she was so influential in the beauty world.

colab dry shampoo rio london review canada

What is so special about this dry shampoo? you may ask (I'm asking as well).. Colab Dry Shampoo is said to have a revolutionary (I know you've heard that word before) sheer & invisible formula, available in exquisite fragrances. It is said you will have no fear of white residue, and longer clean hair.

The directions are pretty basic, they are not on the can but I have them here on a sheet of paper!.. Basically shake the bottle, spray focusing on the roots, massage into the hair after a few minutes, and brush hair if desired.

colab dry shampoo rio london review before and after
Before: 2nd 3rdish Day Hair, After: Colab Dry Shampoo Sprayed London (Left Side), Rio (Right Side)

I put the new dry shampoo to the test on 2nd (or 3rd) day hair. I literally just got my wisdom teeth out and am still swollen during this photo, so I can't really remember clearly hah.

So my initial thoughts were that they weren't lying about the awesome fragrance. These dry shampoos have the best scents I've ever smelt from a dry shampoo and is almost like you're wearing perfume. But upon spraying, I sprayed a TON and did not end up achieving the affect I desired. The formula is semi-wet and you do need to wait a minute or so for it to dry before trying to rub it in.

colab dry shampoo rio london review canada

I did notice a light powder when spraying the London and was like "yeah! That's what I wanna see". London has a few more ingredients than Rio and strangely, I felt like London was a bit more effective but I could just be hallucinating.
Ingredients of London: Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Parfum, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal.
Ingredients of Rio: Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Parfum.

I did like that it was still easy to run my fingers through my hair. The dry shampoo felt quite light on the hair. I didn't get that icky feeling that I get when I load up the Batiste. I did see a slight difference which is noticeable in the photos but I didn't think it was significant enough. The sheer invisible formula is just not strong enough to be as effective as I expected. (Although I do think the London formula showed better results than Rio)

Pros:
- Great fragrance
- Leaves hair feeling clean, not sticky, no strong residue

Cons:
- Didn't work as well as expected
- Had to use a lot of product and still didn't see worthy results
- Only slight volume

colab dry shampoo rio london review before and after
Click to enlarge

My hair doesn't feel weighed down, sticky, and overall I think it felt decently clean. However, I just didn't think the results were significant enough to purchase the full size. Definitely great for a refresher because of the awesome scents, however, I don't think I'd purchase this again and still prefer my Batiste over Colab. There are other, cheaper, drugstore options that I feel work similar to the Colab.

Colab Dry Shampoo is $5.49 CAD for the 50ml and $9.99 for the 200ml. I believe only the Rio and London versions are available here. It is available in Canada at London Drugs, Jean Coutu, Lawtons, select Pharmasave, PharmaChoice. To find these outside of Canada check out the info on their website here.

These products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.