Fashion Magazine Beauty Panel: How to Wear Red Eyeshadow


I'm so excited to share with you all that I am now apart of Fashion Magazine's Beauty Panel! If you don't know what the Beauty Panel is.. it's exactly what it sounds like! A panel consisting of many beauty bloggers who choose to partake in weekly challenges to bring you a variety of looks, tips and tricks! This is the second challenge that I've participated in! You can see the first, about transitioning your makeup from summer to fall here.

This challenge is all about how to wear red makeup... more specifically, red eyeshadow. I know I had trouble with this trend when I was younger. I actually tried to wear red lip liner on my eyes, and it would smudge like crazy! Anyway, I hope you enjoy my look below and if you have any questions or feedback, I'd love to answer them in the comments below! :)


If you’re afraid of wearing red makeup, know that you’re not alone! Red makeup is probably one of the hardest colours to wear on your face, and especially on the eyes. I hate to say it, but I have a fear of red lips. A bold red just doesn’t suit my full lips or skin tone, but I am slowly trying to get into it! Because red makeup is trending for fall, I created a smoked out look on my eyes using Cover Girl’s Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in “Red Hot Flame” as my base, all over the lid. I then used a few browns from The Balm’s Meet Matt(e) Nude Palette in my crease. Applying browns over Cover Girl’s Shadow Pencil in the crease gave it a dark burgundy tone. I also added a shimmery burgundy from my 252 Coastal Scents Palette over the lid which reminded me of red velvet cake and added a bit more vibrance to the look! You can also apply Nyx’s Eyeshadow in “Fahrenheit” over the Cover Girl Pencil to achieve the same colour on the lid. Lastly, I applied Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Milk in my inner corners, and Smog by Urban Decay on the bottom lashline in the outer corners. I completed the eyes with my ultra thin eyeliner and waterproof mascara. I finished the lips with a hint of coral, using L’Oréal Colour Riche Lipstick in “Sunset Angoria.”

Products used: Cover Girl’s Flamed Out Shadow Pencil in “Red Hot Flame,” The Balm Meet Matt(e) Palette (Crease), 252 Coastal Scents Palette (1 Colour), Nyx Jumbo Pencil in “Milk,” Urban Decay Smog, Cailyn Black Gel Liner, Maybelline Rocket Volume Waterproof Mascara, Revlon Colorstay ‘Buff’, Nyc Bronzer ‘Sunny’, Nars Blush ‘Orgasm’ and L’Oréal Colour Riche Lipstick in “Sunset Angoria.”

Please check out the other Beauty Panelist's posts for more tips and tricks for wearing red eyeshadow here!