Back to School: Fall Fashion Picks

For fall, print on print is in. Don't be afraid to mix up different prints, classic prints, or different fabrics. Menswear inspired pieces are also going to be quite the trend, and one of my favourites to look at, leather (but so hard for me to wear, eek!)

But for those lazy school days, we prefer to just throw on something quick, because, face it, we lie in bed for a LONG time and then are left with only 20 minutes to get ready! (Please tell me this isn't just me?) Below I have linked some basic pieces that I am lusting over for fall, that are effortless but still fashionable.

One of the things for fall I can't go without are knits! Brandy Melville brings in some amazing knits a little later on in the season. Ever since they came to Toronto I cannot resist stopping into the store whenever I'm closeby. Aritzia is another place that has some cute and girly knits. If you don't have a location near you, both of these shops have an online store.

This just sold out in a small size, but not to fear! It might be re-stocked. Similar - here. Also here is another pullover I've been eyeing.

Slouchy cardigans are an end of summer/fall necessity. You have the ability to show off a cute tee, but still keep warm. The one above is from Tobi. If you haven't signed up for Tobi yet, I suggest doing it right now! They give you 50% off your first order, and if 5 of you sign up with my link, I get 50% off an order as well :)


I tend to go for open round-neckline pullovers, because I feel they look best with my neck and body shape. The first 2 sweaters above are from Chicnova, and very affordable. The grey pullover comes in neutral colours while the purple looks quite sheer and comes in either a purple, green, or orange pastel. The third pullover is made by Talula, from Aritzia.


I've been in love with Kris Tate's designs since I laid my eyes on them, and I've been holding back on buying a crewneck for so long! I think I am going to take the plunge for this fall! The interesting thing about his designs is that you can also get them on a tank top, t-shirt, pillow, as a print, or iphone case! I don't think he gets enough credit for his amazing designs.


I realized I don't own many graphic tops and I want to change that! They are so easy to just throw on with shorts or jeans, and I don't have to worry about showing my embarrassingly skinny shoulders! I saw this kitty top worn on instagram and I thought it was adorable that it is throwing a grenade (is that weird?!) Arm the Animals is the designer, who focuses on creating cute t-shirts to help generate funds for struggling small animal rescues. The second top is from Chicnova. I don't know if graphic tops with lips on it are in style, but I love how girly it is and I want one regardless! The last top is from Dailylook.


I'm slowly learning how to wear the right clothes for my body type, and I have learnt that collared blouses don't look good on me. I have a short neck and would much prefer a collar-less blouse, or a blouse with a small collar. The mint blouse is from SheInside, and I believe it is inspired by Zara. The peach top is actually a chiffon top with a cutout back from Tobi.


I think fleece jeggings are a great piece for lazy school days! They aren't too baggy, but that have that comfy sweatpant feel to it. These are from Garage, and come in a few different shades of grey.

I don't know about you, but I desperately need some new boots for fall! I have small calves, so I'd prefer boots that are adjustable at the top, so I can tighten them if they are too loose. The last pair is just a cute bootie that I think would look great casually or for a night out. These boots are actually all from JustFab. If you haven't already signed up for a membership, I would appreciate you to use my referral link here!

And finally, le statement necklaces! I think these are necessary for fall. They look great with almost any outfit and can instantly dress up look. These are both exclusively from an online jewelry boutique, LuxeCraving.

Do you like any of my picks for fall? What are your fashion picks?