Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 Foundation in Classic Ivory (810)

covergirl outlast foundation classic ivory 810 910 review
covergirl outlast foundation classic ivory 810 910 review

I've heard so much about the Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1 Foundation, that I'd finally decided to give it a try. The shade that suited my skin colour best was 910 or 810 (they are both the same colour) also called Classic Ivory. This is the second lightest colour in the collection and might still be a bit dark for those who are really fair skinned. I believe it was also the most 'neutral' looking colour in the first few lightest shades, as the others looked a bit too pink-toned. 

A little background information on this foundation, is that it claims to be an all-day long-wear formula, and a primer, concealer, and foundation all in one. It claims to provide a smooth, flawless finish.

covergirl outlast foundation classic ivory 810 910 review
(Click to enlarge!) Took these pictures on an 'off' day, please excuse my puffy face and sleep deprived eyes!

I was quite impressed during the initial application of this foundation. It was surprising to see that it did not emphasize my dry patches or flakes, and it was easy to blend into the skin. The colour was very close to Revlon Colorstay in 'Buff', although with more of a neutral undertone. I noticed it was actually a bit pinkish upon initial application, even though it seemed quite neutral... or maybe I'm just too yellow (*sigh*). I like how natural the foundation looked on my skin. With the first application, I noticed the coverage wasn't super amazing, but it was more than enough to cover my redness and fade blemishes. Great for a daily basis, school, work, or running errands, but I don't think I'd wear this for a night out or special occasion. 

I absolutely love that this foundation comes with a pump. It made application so much easier. I actually use a few pumps for a full face coverage, however, I only press the pump down halfway each time onto my finger so it doesn't spill all over the floor! The pump can also be locked so it is secure while travelling. The foundation absorbs quite easily so I needed to use more product than expected, especially when using a sponge applicator.

Pros:
- Easy to blend
- Comes with a pump
- Affordable
- Felt lightweight on the skin

Cons:
- Seemed to clog my pores
- Shades are better suited for neutral/pink undertones. No yellow undertoned shades
- Faded throughout the day

covergirl outlast foundation classic ivory 810 910 review

Ingredients:
Active: Ensulizole 3.0%. Inactive: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18, Pvp, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylene, Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Sodium Benzoate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

The Covergirl Outlast Foundation felt very lightweight on my skin, I actually forgot I had makeup on when it was late and time to take it off. However, I did feel like it broke me out or at least clogged my pores, not sure if it has to do with the sunscreen ingredient 'ensulizole'. I did notice that it does fade a bit throughout the day, and begins to show some of my darker post-acne spots. I wish they made more yellow tones for this specific foundation, but I won't be purchasing anyway because of my speculation that it clogged my pores. Although it was very easy to remove at the end of the day, and is affordable for around $12 Cad at Walmart.