Fresh Sweet Nudes Set: Sugar Lip Treatments

fresh sugar lip treatment sweet nudes gift set review
fresh sugar lip treatment sweet nudes gift set review

Fresh has come out with a new gift set for the holidays called 'Sweet Nudes'. It comes with 4 Sugar Lip Treatments, and 1 Sugar Lip Polish. If you shop at Sephora, you have to have heard of Fresh! They are well known for these lip treatments, and I'm glad they put together a 'nude' collection for those who love a neutral lip (me!). 

I actually noticed it has disappeared from the Sephora website, but hopefully it's still available in stores. Otherwise, the full-sized balms are available individually, or through other gift sets as well. I haven't done a complete review, but I've featured the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments in a few posts in the past, such as my Beach Day Essentials

fresh sugar lip treatment sweet nudes gift set review

So this set retails for $42, has a $66 value. The lip treatments all come in 'mini' sizes, 2.2g / 0.08oz. These are the same size that Sephora gave away a few years back as your Beauty Insider birthday gift, if any of you remember. 

In comparison, the regular sized treatments are $26 each and 4.25g / 0.15oz, so slightly less than double the size of the minis. The lip polish is also slightly less than half the regular size, at 8g / 0.28oz whereas the regular size is $26 and 17g / 0.6oz. My apologies for the boring math, assuming these minis are worth $13.20 each x5 of them, the value is true to $66. $42 is the actual cost of the gift set, so you are paying $8.40 per mini

fresh sugar lip treatment sweet nudes gift set review

Fresh refers to these as Lip Treatments, rather than the standard lip balms because it promises to nourish, protect, and plump the lips. It contains reparative oils and waxes, as well as real sugar, to create moisture. The treatments also contain sweet and tart black currant oil for plumping properties, antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols, and Vitamins A, C, E. The packaging has a luxurious and expensive feel to it, and it's pretty satisfying to open and close (it doesn't just pop open, you have to screw and unscrew!). 

The Sugar Lip Polish is an exfoliating lip treatment containing real brown sugar crystals to buff away dry flakes. It is packed with meadowfoam seed, jojoba seed, grapeseed oil, and shea butter to provide moisture. 

The entire collection is formulated without parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. It is also free of petroleum, mineral oil, and lanolin.

fresh sugar lip treatment sweet nudes gift set review
L to R: Lip Polish, Untinted, Honey, Rose, Petal

Thoughts:
Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatments are easy to apply; they coat the lips with a waxy formula that stays on and isn't sticky. They last the standard 3-4 hours or so on me. My lips feel softened and smooth afterwards. They all have the same lemon-citrusy scent which is a big positive for me because although some of them are tinted, they don't have an unpleasant flavour or taste. The lip treatments are said to all come with SPF15 on Sephora's website, however, I didn't see any mentioning of SPF on the packaging or box so I have no idea but I'm going to assume that they do (sorry I am of no help..). 

The Sugar Lip Polish will be the cure to my lip-picking habit! (Kidding, I don't think anything will be able stop me from picking my lips). But it is gentle, feels like a light exfoliation, and if you accidentally taste it, it doesn't taste too bad either.. I probably should have used this before taking the swatch photos below btws.

fresh sugar lip treatment sweet nudes gift set swatches
fresh sugar lip treatment untinted regular swatch
fresh sugar lip treatment honey swatch
fresh sugar lip treatment rose swatch
fresh sugar lip treatment petal swatch
Please excuse my extremely dry, chapped, and over-picked lips! 

Untinted of course, has no tint, just a bit of shine and is the easiest to glide onto the lips. My favourite of the bunch is the shade Honey because it seems to compliment my pigmented lips the best and is the best neutral. Rose seemed like the most red and pigmented, but it is actually a very lightly tinted pink. Petal is the most tinted, and is a slightly darker nude pink. 

This is a great gift for someone who is into lip balms, and doesn't typically rock an extremely bright lip (me! again! although I wish I could rock bright lippies). I hope that they are still available in stores (as I mentioned, I can't find them online anymore). But they are available full-sized on Sephora here, the Lip Polish here, and a list of their holiday sets available here.

This product was received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.