Murad Skincare: Redness Therapy and Age Reform

murad skincare reviews

Murad is a brand I've always wanted to try but just ended up staring at it on the shelves instead. I heard quite good things about the brand so when I was asked to review these 3 products I couldn't say no! I have here the Redness Therapy: Soothing Gel Cleanser, Age Reform: Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for Eyes, and the Age Reform: Soothing Skin and Lip Care. There are plenty of other products that are apart of both lines but these are just the ones I have to share with you today!

Murad isn't a Canadian brand, but they have plenty of presence in Canada. Their Canadian website seems to offer great discounts on their products when joining their skin club. Upon visiting their page you can enter your email and get $20 off $100+. The Healthy Skin Club allows you to get your favourite products auto-refilled and sent to you at a frequency of your choice, as well as a discount on their products (up to 25%)! 

Oh and for your knowledge!: Murad was founded in 1989 in Los Angeles, by Dr. Howard Murad, a certified dermatologist and pharmacist. 

murad redness therapy soothing gel cleanser
Murad Soothing Gel Cleanser claims to 'cleanse impurities while reducing irritiation, alleviate redness and relieve tightness, stinging, and sensitivity'. It contains Lactic Acid (an AHA) that can help to reduce skin discolouration, and Glycerin to help restore the skin and heal.

I didn't expect it to remove my makeup because it doesn't claim to but I tried it anyway. It didn't remove my makeup. It has a good lather and I wish it came with a pump because I tend to squeeze out too much using squeeze tubes. My skin feels squeaky clean afterwards but also very dry. I think this might be too strong for something struggling with redness or sensitive skin. I didn't notice if it helped with redness or not but I don't typically have too much of that. I likely wouldn't use this too much in winter because it was too harsh for my skin. I think it'd be ideal for excessively oily skin. Just be sure to add moisture back in once you've cleansed.

murad age reform hydro dynamic moisture for eyes
murad age reform hydro dynamic moisture for eyes
Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for Eyes is part of the Age Reform line, and is designed to be 'rich, provide all-day relief from dryness and other visible signs of aging. Infused with anti-aging peptides, nature's best antioxidants and 9 ultra-hydrating ingredients'.

This is definitely a slightly rich cream that absorbs into the skin and is good for night time use and I have no problem using it under my makeup during the day. After applied it does look like it hides my fine lines a bit (obviously temporarily). It didn't irritate my eyes. It also comes with a little spatula which I didn't even know about but would definitely come in handy if you are trying to be sanitary! I really didn't feel like it was anything spectacular, but it does contain peptides to improve skin and it seems to be hydrating enough and also daytime wearable. It is reasonably priced in compared to other higher end brands with a similar targeted customer.

murad age reform soothing skin and lip care
Murad Soothing Skin and Lip Care is 'an intensive lip treatment to condition chapped and cracked skin. Ideal for dry lips, cuticles, and rough elbows'.

This lip treatment is a very oily type of jelly, which 100% looks like it is a lip balm so I will just ignore the fact that it says skin AND lip care. Kidding.. but in all honesty Iv'e only been testing this on my lips. And only at night time. This is really thick on my lips and not something I'd typically wear but I'm ok with wearing it to bed. It feels like a mask for my lips, isn't sticky, and I'm not too fond of the scent. My lips feel soothed and well protected with this on and it surprisingly has very minimal ingredients with one of the main ones being Petrolatum (figures!). I just wish it was better scented!

Overall, I think the one product I would think about re-purchasing is the Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture For Eyes. I did get good results with the Soothing Skin and Lip Care on my lips, but the price is just a bit steep for me. Murad has a huge range of products and like I mentioned before, great discounts when ordering through Murad themselves by phone or online



These products were received for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.