imPress Press-On Manicure Review

imPress Press-On Manicure's in Disney Villian 'Evil Queen', & Rock It

imPress Press-On Manicure is a new press-on nail application by Broadway Nails, designed for girls to achieve a flawless manicure in seconds. The press-on nails come with adhesive on them and there is no need for glue. They come in a huge variety of colours and designs, and are said to last up to a week. Prices range from $9-11 CAD and they are available at most Walmart, Target, London Drugs, Jean Coutu, Katz, Loblaws, and many more.

At first I wasn't sure any of the nails were going to fit, but the box does state that there are 24 nails in 12 different sizes so I was sure something would fit me! I did find pretty close matches for the 5 sizes of my nails. I used the 'prep pad' included in the package (which I am assuming was just an alcohol wipe), and wiped my nails free of oils right before applying the press-ons. The application process was easy and super quick, and I made sure to not wash my hands afterwards for over a half an hour, like the package suggested. One thing I did notice was that they made my nails feel a bit uncomfortable..

impress press on manicure by broadway nails review disney villian evil queen

First Impressions: I definitely think the imPress press-ons are the perfect universal length. They weren't too long or too short, even though I did have to clip my nails first so that they wouldn't be sticking out underneath the press-ons. They were easy to manage and do every day tasks with.. well tasks that didn't involve my nails! Because of the thick adhesive, the press-ons did stick up above my natural nail more than I'd like, and every time I ran my fingers through my hair my nails would get caught in it. I also just didn't like the feeling it gave me when I tried to use my nails for something while wearing these, and I felt weird even scratching myself... but seriously, I think that false nails just aren't for me, I haven't been to a nail salon in over 5 years :p

Ooh, something else that bugged me about these nails was a white tab that stuck up under the tip of the nail! I couldn't understand why this was there but it was a huge pet peeve.. I just wanted to clip it off! I can only imagine that it is there solely to help with the manufacturing process.

I showed my nails to my aunt and she wasn't able to tell that they were fake, but of course, she was viewing them from a bit of a distance, so I assume anyone viewing your nails closer than 30cm would be able to tell, but likely not if they were farther away.

impress press on manicure by broadway nails review disney villian evil queen

Removal Process: I decided to remove the imPress press-ons after about 2 1/2 days. They were a bit uncomfortable for me and I'm not sure why but I can only guess that it's due to the shape of the nails. I was surprised that they stayed on without coming loose or falling off, considering I saw a bunch of reviews that said they had fallen off within hours. The instructions says to either peel off the press-ons from the side, or use nail polish remover to soften the glue. The nails were on so well that I definitely wasn't going to be able to rip them off without damaging my nail, so I tried dipping my fingers in nail polish remover...

This might hurt those of you that are impatient, like me, as I only had the patience to keep each nail in the nail polish remover for about 15 seconds. It did loosen up the glue and I was able to pull the nail off from the sides, although I did damage and pull of a bit of the top layer of my nails in the process. It hurt a bit because the middle of the press-on nail was so sticky, but I'm sure if you have the patience to dunk your nail for a little bit longer it would be painless. But I definitely do not recommend taking these off without some sort of nail polish remover or something oil-based to remove the glue.

Overall, I think these nails are great alternatives to expensive nail salons, and fun and ideal for the youth, or adults who don't have the time to apply nail polish or want an alternative to nail polish. They can also be great for a special occasion or night out, providing that you test them out on your nails first so you know they are a good fit and will stay on throughout the night. I love that they come with adhesive already, and to be honest, I think the adhesive stuck better than any stick on nails I used as a kid. There is such a huge variety of designs that I'm sure you will have no trouble finding a style that you like. I personally wouldn't buy these again because I just don't need or like to wear false nails, and they were quite uncomfortable for me.

I received these products through Influenster and imPress Press-On Manicure for testing purposes. All opinions are 100% my own and not influenced by any affiliates.