Vichy ProEven Line Review

vichy proeven skincare line cleanser dark spot corrector eye review

At the beginning of April, I was sent some products from the Vichy ProEven line to test out. Since I've been trying to get rid of some dark spots for quite a while, I was curious to try the line and immediately began using them as my full skincare routine.

A staple ingredient in the ProEven line is LHA, also referred to as capryloyl salicylic acid. This ingredient works to exfoliate and restore more youthful looking skin and it is also categorized as a BHA. Because the ProEven line is hydroquinone-free, the products in the line are less likely to irritate your skin or cause discolouration. 

vichy proeven  brightening cleansing foam review

ProEven Brightening Cleansing Foam:
A cleanser designed to exfoliate, purify, and brighten the skin to achieve a more even looking skin tone. The ProEven Cleansing Foam contains Ceramide Bright + Vitamin C, and LHA, and is suitable for sensitive skin + allergy-tested.

Nowhere does this cleanser promote makeup removing properties, but I have tried it and it does remove my foundation almost completely in one shot. I would recommend using a makeup remover before the cleanser, but you can probably get away with just using the cleanser if you have light foundation/bb cream on. After using it, I am left with a 'squeaky clean' feeling on my face that can feel a bit tight if I don't moisturize right away. I didn't notice any exfoliater in the cleanser, which I didn't mind because it would be harsh to use everyday if it had exfoliating beads. I did enjoy using this cleanser, especially for days when I was feeling especially oily and it did not break me out, which is a huge plus!

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Palmitic Acid, Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tetrasodium Edta, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Eperua Falcata Bark Extract, Oxothiazolidinecarboxylic Acid, Dextrin, Fragrance

vichy proeven daily eye corrector review

ProEven Daily Eye Corrector Dark Circles and Spots:
Vichy's Daily Eye Corrector targets dark circles, spots, and uneven skin tone around the eye area and contains Ceramide Bright, Caffeine, and Vitamin B3. It is ophthalmological and dermatologically tested, paraben and fragrance free.

I'm not exactly sure that there was a reduction in my dark circles, but my eye area did feel and look more moisturized. I am generally more concerned with the bags and wrinkles under my eyes so it is hard for me to notice difference in my dark circles. The cream was gentle and safe enough for my sensitive eyes that easily tear up. It did not sting or burn, was very light, and absorbed quickly. It worked well under makeup and I didn't need to use a primer before applying my concealer. I love that it is fragrance free and the only issue is that I've already gone through half the tube!

vichy proeven daily dark spot corrector review

ProEven Daily Dark Spot Corrector:
A daily moisturizer that can be used twice a day and combined with other moisturizers/sunscreen as well. It is said to combat uneven skin tone and dark spots from aging, sun damage, and acne with Ceramide Bright, LHA and Vitamin C. It contains a micro-pearled formula to instantly deliver a more luminous glow and is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, hydroquinone + paraben free.

As you can see, I'm terrible at remembering to take photos before I start using a product (heh). This is a little over a month's use and I feel like there is so little that's left in the tube! I have really been enjoying this moisturizer however, and it absorbs into my skin super quickly. It works great under my makeup and I didn't find myself needing a primer. My makeup lasts all day long using this moisturizer alone, underneath it. I don't feel like it is strong enough to completely fade a targeted dark spot, but it works amazing as an overall moisturizer. But because it is such a pricey moisturizer, I would recommend using it heavier on spots you want to even out, and maybe mixing it with another moisturizer for the rest of the face. Or, you can use it during the daytime as it works great as a primer, and stick with a heavier moisturizer at night. (Keep reading to see if it worked to lighten my dark spots). 

vichy proeven night overnight concentrate review

ProEven Overnight Concentrate:
Your skin is said to regenerate itself intensely from the hours of 11pm to 4am. ProEven Night is a cool gel formula that acts throughout the night while you sleep. It contains Ceramide Bright, LHA and Vitamin C. It can be used as a spot treatment, all over the face, or weekly as an overnight mask. It is tested under dermatological control, suitable for sensitive skin, hypoallergenic, and hydroquinone + paraben free.

This was my least favourite product of the line only because it smelt strongly of alcohol. Alcohol Denat is the third ingredient which explains it! This might cause dryness on some people, as it did for me. I believe it is essential in a lot of dark spot correctors to dry out the skin while the other ingredients work in conjunction to stimulate cell renewal. I'd recommend using it as a spot treatment rather than treating it as a moisturizer. 

It was hard for me to post my naked face, please..be nice?

Did ProEven help to fade/lighten my dark spots?
The first photo was taken after using the line for about a week or so, and the second was taken about a month later. My face is slightly more tanned from this new self tanning product I've been testing over the past few days so don't mind that difference, but you can see that certain few dark spots were lightened, like on the forehead, chin, cheek. However the dark spots that were a bit darker seemed to have stayed the same (note: the super dark brown spots are beauty marks :)) and I also have gained a few more spots unfortunately due to new acne popping up. The area where I was most concerned with, my upper lip, didn't seem to fade at all which was a bit of a disappointment but at least it has subtly worked for other parts of my skin. 


vichy proeven dark spot corrector line review

I was happy to see some slight results, even if they were only minor. None of the products in this line caused me skin problems or acne, which I was also pleased about. The products in this line are quite pricey, and if I had to choose I'd say my favourites were the daily dark spot corrector and eye corrector and I'd recommend trying them first if you don't want to purchase the whole line because they are a bit pricey! Use them sparingly, especially the daily dark spot corrector, again by applying it in spots rather than on the whole face. 

I received these products for consideration. All opinions stated are my own and are not influenced by any affiliates.