Salon Grafix Conditioning Cleanser For Oily or Flat Hair Review

salon grafix healthy hair nutrition conditoning cleanser oily flat hair review

When I spotted this conditioning cleanser by Salon Grafix, I wanted it. The price was cheap, it had a sticker that said 'similar to Wen Hair Care', and it seemed perfect for me because I am ALWAYS looking for volumizing hair products that work. I found it quite a while ago from a Walmart Superstore in Buffalo, NY, but pretty positive they don't sell it in Canada. It retails for $7.99 in the states however I think I picked it up for around $5-6.

A couple great things about the Salon Grafix Conditioning Cleanser is that it has a unique scent called Sugared Melon Mint, and it is sulfate and paraben free. That means no stripping of your hair's natural oils, but also means no lather. 

salon grafix healthy hair nutrition conditoning cleanser oily flat hair review

The bottle suggests to use 4-8 pumps for longer hair. I find myself using about 8 or more just because it doesn't lather which really bothers me (eek). Shampoos that lather are usually really satisfying for me and I don't feel that with this.

My hair does feel clean after it is washed out and after it has dried. I do notice a bit of volume, and my hair does feel a little less heavy. But my hair feels a bit dry and by the end of the day it is flat again.. and just doesn't feel clean. I have to use a regular shampoo the next day to get that clean feeling again. I'm not even totally sure if it works to get out the impurities out of my hair even after testing it for so long. 

salon grafix healthy hair nutrition conditoning cleanser oily flat hair review

I would not purchase this again and would prefer to find something that doesn't require me to wash my hair the next day. I usually wash my hair every other day or every 3rd day if I'm lazy. I'd like to see how this compares to the Wen line (I've never tried Wen before!). I also want to note that I bought this to replace a clarifying shampoo so my expectations may have been a bit different considering this is a cleansing conditioner. 

Again it retails for $7.99 and you can find it at stores in the US such as Walmart, Ulta, Walgreens, and drugstore.com. I'm not sure if they still produce this exact one because it isn't on their website, but they have 3 other versions for dry or damaged, severely damaged, and normal hair.