Sephora VIB Sale Haul

sephora vib sale haul november 2014

I'm probably what you can call a 'sale freak', and try to avoid purchasing things that I know go on sale, or that I don't necessarily need yet until there is a sale! I actually didn't need anything from Sephora until I saw an email for their VIB Sale (heh). I also purchased a few things from their Friends & Family sale a week earlier, with a coupon I got from a lovely group member in a Facebook group I belong to (thank you Emm!) so I've just combined everything into this post.

A delay was actually put on my VIB order because of such high volume of orders, but I was credited 250 points as courtesy. I still received the order faster than anything I ever order from overseas, so it was really no problem for me.

sephora vib sale haul november 2014

tarte Brazilliance Skin Rejuvenating Maracuja Face And Body Self Tanner: This seems like a great replacement for my Clarins Golden Glow Booster that I am running out of. It was cheaper and the tan seems to last longer in between use. I like to mix it with a moisturizer for easier application.

tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-Hr Smoothing Eye Primer: Haven't gotten a chance to really test this out, but I have no doubts about it. Love tarte packaging and these are actually some of my first few tarte purchases.

sephora vib sale haul november 2014

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard: This is the lightest yellow shade of the Nars Concealer collection and quite dark for the lightest shade. The swatches online look lighter than in person, but I will have to give it a go in the daylight to see if it'll manage to blend in with my skin. I have heard nothing but good things about these concealers though.

Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Concealer in Light Buff: Tried this twice and I'm loving it already. You don't need much, it blends easily and feels so matte on the skin once dried! I didn't think it covered my dark circles as well as it should but more testing will be done :)

bareMinerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation in Bare Cream 05: I bought this on a whim. I haven't tried anything from bareMinerals since their powder foundation first came out and wanted to give this new product a try. The colour was almost right, a bit too yellow, but the texture of this foundation looks terrible on my skin and enhanced my dry spots! Maybe I'm not applying it right? I didn't buy the brush to go with it, and I heard that is the key to this foundation... *sigh*

Nudestix Lip + Cheek Pencil in Mystic: I had to swatch this right when I got it! There is so much hype about these sticks. I'm impressed with the texture and colour payoff, but dislike the taste and scent. I dislike the taste of regular lipsticks and with the high price I would have thought this would have had a better or more fruity flavour to it. 

sephora vib sale haul november 2014

Urban Decay Pulp Fiction Palette: I managed to snag this palette on sale for $19. I have no idea what Pulp Fiction is about, but since it's such a highly rated movie I've been thinking about watching it. I do however, loveee the neutral matte shades, and after lightly swatching, I'm really impressed with the pigmentation. This palette is so perfect for me because all I ever really use are a highlighter shade, browns, and blacks. I'm surprised I didn't pick it up when it first came out. 

sephora vib sale haul november 2014

St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse: Last of my order, is the St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse. I ordered the 120ml first to try it out, and ended up getting the large 240ml size as well. I've recently begun to use self-tanner a few times a week to feel more confident and get over my paleness. I have to say, I don't know why I didn't try the St. Tropez sooner. I tried out different brands thinking they would be better but this is definitely my favourite, and I can see why they price it so high. The only thing I forgot was to get a mitt... after both orders... but luckily I have one that came with a different self-tanner.

sephora vib sale haul november 2014

I got a ton of freebies with my orders! 3 packet samples are from the Friends & Family Sale, and the rest of the goodies are from the VIB Sale. I unfortunately didn't get the samples I had chosen, but it isn't a big deal as I hate packet samples anyway. I am obsessed with UD eyeshadows, so I finally got to use 500 points on the Urban Decay Urban Obsessions Palette. It was also my birthday last Wednesday, so I finally got the Make Up For Ever Beauty Insider Birthday Gift, featuring a mini mascara and mini lipstick. Sucks to have a late birthday because your Sephora birthday gift comes a month before they bring a new birthday gift out..

Are you a Sephora BI, VIB, or VIB Rouge? What did you pick up? I'd love to see everyone's VIB Haul posts!