Softlips Cube 5-in-1 Lip Care Review

softlips cube 5 in 1 lip moisturizer balm review

With all the hype of eos's sphere-shaped balms, Softlips has recently launched their own specially shaped balm - the cube. It is a 5-in-1 formula and currently comes in three flavours; Pomegranate Blueberry, Fresh Mint, and Vanilla Bean. I am a sucker for new lip balms, so naturally I had to try this one out too. I was sent Vanilla Bean for review through Divine.ca's Review Program. 

SoftLips Cube 5-in-1 Formula:
Hydrates: formulated with Shea Butter to restore moisture
Replenishes: with antioxidants Vitamins A, C, E
Smoothes: rich emollients leaves lips silky and soft
Protects: with SPF 15
Adds Shine: for perfect radiant finish

Active Ingredients: 
Dimethicone 2% – (Skin protectant) 
Octinoxate 7.5% – (Sunscreen)
Oxybenzone 3% – (Sunscreen)

Inactive Ingredients: ozokerite, petrolatum, octyldodecyl olivate, ethylhexyl palmitate, octyldodecanol, myristyl myristate, myristyl lactate, squalane, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, cetyl alcohol, flavor, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, stearyl olivate, myristyl laurate, myristyl alcohol, BHT, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, menthol, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, PEG-8, retinyl palmitate [Vitamin A], sodium saccharin, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate [Vitamin C], tocopherol [Vitamin E], tocopheryl acetate [Vitamin E]

softlips cube 5 in 1 lip moisturizer balm review

When first applied, the cube balm feels minty fresh on the lips. It feels nice to relieve any dryness or pain caused by cold weather (or lip picking.. a super bad habit of mine). It has a yummy true scent of vanilla bean, and tastes good too. The formula is light and slippery and adds a subtle shine to the lips. It does not feel sticky on the lips which is a huge factor for me when purchasing lip balms.

 It's great to see this contains an SPF as well. I have too many lip balms that don't, so they aren't as ideal to wear if you are going to be directly in the sunlight. The cube balm is great for daytime wear, but comfortable enough to wear while you sleep as well. I don't like that the packaging is a bit bulky for the size of the balm itself, although, it is smaller than the eos sphered-balms. The balm also tends to rub against the inside of the top lid which bothers me, and feels like I'm wasting a bit of product. The packaging is very cute, and the lid gives a satisfying 'click' when closed. As with all creamy lip balms, I find that you have to re-apply every 2-3 hours, but I am usually too lazy to do this anyways and try to wait it out as long as possible! I find it decently moisturizing, but I feel a bit of dryness once it wears off. This could just be my lips though; I get major chapped lips all the time. 

Overall, I still prefer my Epic Blend lip balms over this as I feel like they moisturize my lips much better and don't leave them feeling dry at all. But this is definitely an alternative for someone who loves eos but wants to try something new that contains SPF as well. Softlips Cube 5-in-1 Balms are available online on well.ca for $5.99 (currently sold out), and local drugstores. The price seems to vary from $3.50 in the US to $5 and up in Canada.

I received this for review through divine.ca's review squad for review. All opinions are my own and are never influenced :)